Will GTR Evolution be on Steam?

sorry for this being a little off topic, but how is steam useful?, just curious. if they are creating the game using .NET they can just add some updater code to the program launcher. its like around 10 lines of code. Granted i'll give steam credit that as a 3rd party bit of software it seems to have worked faultlessly for me. but then, it seems of little or no use.

ah i see, and the distribution part is actually critical for sales, thanks for answering that Bram. The updater part isnt really needed in the way its done but it works. The only concern i have is whether Race07 (and any future titles) will work when Steam decide to change senior management and add adverts, sell your personal information etc... or even just close the servers and the company if they make losses.
Still, is ok for now.

ah i see, and the distribution part is actually critical for sales, thanks for answering that Bram. The updater part isnt really needed in the way its done but it works. The only concern i have is whether Race07 (and any future titles) will work when Steam decide to change senior management and add adverts, sell your personal information etc... or even just close the servers and the company if they make losses.
Still, is ok for now.

basically, they wont sell out steam... its a way to big success for valve, and they are a company which actually gives us what we want... opposed to a company like EA giving us what they can be bothered to do

steam is great, buying full games and downloading them, download demo's, video's, server browser, integrated voice and text chat, steam friends and also the fact that it auto updates everything... you can see why game companies want their games to be on it, and in my opinion, the more games that come to steam, the better :)

On top of that it has VAC (Valve Anti Cheat) which is mostly useful for shooters, but still...
And it's always good to buy stuff in dollars these days!!! :D

Just read that Ubisoft is also going to distribute their games through Steam. At first only for the American public. But that is another big developer using Steam!

• Andy Marsden

Another good point about Steam is that once the game is installed it is 'verfified' online instantly (i.e. checked to see if its not an illegal copy) which means you can play without the disc as there is no need for copy protection/disc verification software each time you run it :D

Andy

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years