Will GTR Evo be moddable?

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Just wondering.

Will all the files be encrypted like Race07 or uncrypted like GTR2.

I hope its Like GTR2 there were so many good mods for it. I wanted to do some modding (with permission of course) with Race07 but was too hard to do as there were so many files encrypted.

• Razvan Pat

I don't think game manufacturers are against mods but it's harder to make the files human readable/editable so they go for the easy, cheap version.

Is Race07 that much harder then GTR2?
Decrypting those files is childsplay. It was already done on day 1 of the Race07 release last year.

Its some extra steps to take while modding, maybe thats why. Also I don't think Race07 is as popular in the modding scene as GTR2/rF.

GTR Evo is just an expansion as the Crowne Plaza expansion or as the Caterham expansion for Race (06). So I expect no difference in the way its presented compared to the normal Race07.
We will get the answer soon on release day I guess.

From Wikipedia:

Modding

Other Simbin titles have a large following of dedicated sim-racers and modders. This means that there is a large number of mods and tracks available on Simbin's gMotor2 engine which should be easily modded to the new game.

woohoo!!

• shenken

I don´t understand why the hell every new games must be moddable? It´s a finished and licensed product and a good one. It has everything and a large variaty of cars and tracks to have many many hours of online of offline racing.
Why should the community add their own stuff of tracks where there will be thousands of Imola´s, Monza´s, Hockenheim´s and what not! I for myself would not be appreciate it, if GTR Evolution gets moddable! To many flaws will arrise, thus cheating which seems still to be possible!

Use rFactor and get your Mods with it! It´s hard enough to get everything together with the chaos of rFactor Mods of thousands versions which causes mismatches and only dissatisfaction for the majority of people!

So I vote No to Modding a licensed product!

Hello, I agree that mods often causes problems and headhaches.
But modders helps in the evolution of simulation. We don't have to forget that Simbin started doing mods for F1 Challenge. I think that this story can repeat again with talentuous modders and there is some... :) Isn't it ?

I agree with you Sascha, except for the ability to add custom tracks. It adds lots to the game (provided the tracks are well made) and extends the life of the game for those who get bored with the same tracks.
Also, this can become a disappointment when communities (like ours) delete GTR2 because EVO is seen as a replacement, but the tracks option is lost.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 71 7.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 141 13.9%