Will full damage be activated in the R3E club?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6919
  • Start date
  • Deleted member 6919

And the reason would be? I thought we were Simracers..You know a decent damage model and effects how people drive, makes for better and more realistic racing.

And the reason would be? I thought we were Simracers..You know a decent damage model and effects how people drive, makes for better and more realistic racing.
Yep, that's what we used to say here on RD a few years ago when full damage was routinely used in club racing. It was proved wrong, as many people drive no differently. All damage does is make people quit the instant they hit anything, because they don't want to bother managing a damaged car for the rest of the race. It also ruins races for those who were not responsible for the damage to their own car. People will also likely quit the moment they flat-spot their tyres in race with no mandatory pit stop. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

It's great news for realistic league racing, but the clubs need to stay simple and accessible for everybody.

And it usually effects the drop-out-rate negatively with those who make small contact somewhere and drop a little time. At least it has done so in the past in other clubs I have driven in. We need more drivers, not fewer :) (says the guy who has driven a minimum of races the last 5 months) :redface:

Flatspots and punctures, maybe but probably not.
:( Flatspots certainly help in learning to brake better, though, apart from being more realistic (which I also thought was kinda the point of the whole thing). And I don't see people quitting because of flatspots in rF2 races (or at least it doesn't seem like it).

Even though yes, sometimes you end up having a nice hand massage for 30 minutes, but that's just how it is. Similar to not taking enough fuel, IMO.

• Deleted member 6919

Well for me doesn't matter what sim I don't see the point of the developers implementing new stuff if it's not going to be used, yes there is SP to test and use it, but MP is where you find the real simers, and if they can't handle being sensible and being aware they ruin their own races and other's, then their there for the wrong reasons, so there for again RD (and I'm saying RD because I'm sure it's not Ross's decision) are failing to give use the full immersion of this sim.

Maybe we could agree that one race in a week would have full damage on.
Afraid not. As I mentioned, it's been done before and always leads to way more drop-outs in a race than usual. With grids as low as they are already, that would leave just a podium finishing each race which would be ridiculous.

I understand where you guys are coming from, but absolute 100% realism (or as close as a sim allows) is the realm of RD's league racing. The clubs are for more casual racing where mistakes don't necessarily ruin both yours and other people's evening.

With all that being said, Mark is absolutely right. It isn't my decision. Please feel free to start a thread about it in the The Paddock Club where it can be discussed in depth, and we'll see what happens, if anything.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back