Will Forza Horizon 5 work with my Simucube?

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
When I will have a little bit more time during the holiday season I hope to be able to pick up a copy of Forza Horizon 5 for PC.

My question: will the game work with my simucube wheelbase? I need a wheel to drive sims as my gamepad skills are horrible ;)

• Deleted member 197115

When I will have a little bit more time during the holiday season I hope to be able to pick up a copy of Forza Horizon 5 for PC.

My question: will the game work with my simucube wheelbase? I need a wheel to drive sims as my gamepad skills are horrible ;)
Not directly but with EmuWheel,
Steam version had some issues, MS Store worked off the bat. And FFB is pretty good, much better than FH4 was.

Thanks @Andrew_WOT ill give that a try during the xmas holidays then!
Prior to November 17, whenever I moved any axis or buttton on the Accuforce Pro V2, along with fanatec pedals, fanatec handbrake and TH8a shifter, I was immediately met with, "Controller Disconnected. Please Reconnect." But as of the November 17 patch, all of my controls function fine in FH5 without needing the Emuwheel workaround. Moreover, I would be very surprised if Simucube users still need to use Emuwheel workaround....

• Deleted member 197115

Prior to November 17, whenever I moved any axis or buttton on the Accuforce Pro V2, along with fanatec pedals, fanatec handbrake and TH8a shifter, I was immediately met with, "Controller Disconnected. Please Reconnect." But as of the November 17 patch, all of my controls function fine in FH5 without needing the Emuwheel workaround. Moreover, I would be very surprised if Simucube users still need to use Emuwheel workaround....
Accuforce was on the list of supported wheels, Simucube never made it there. I remember in FM7 and FH4 it was possible to assign axis to the wheel but FFB was absent.

The Accuforce wheel is still not officially supported by FH5. As a result, we still have to use a custom wheel setting and go from there.... But, with or without official support, it does appear to work.

• Deleted member 197115

I think it's only because of FH5 plugin by Bernard. Same deal was with FH4, AF worked, SC didn't.
But if you find a way to make SC work without EmuWheel it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I tried emuwheel with SC2 Pro, can't get it to work unfortunately. Hope they add support some day, I would like to check how does it feel with the wheel. Also, forcing to bind all actions could be removed.

Hi everyone. Long time user but seldom post. I've gone ahead and made a short tutorial on how to get your Simucube and pedals to work in Forza Horizon 3, 4 and 5. The video is just under 5 min and should have all the software and setup information you'll need to get it up and running! After setting it up, I've never looked back at the controller. Absolutly love the game as it's a different pace from iRacing.

Last edited:
The Accuforce wheel is still not officially supported by FH5. As a result, we still have to use a custom wheel setting and go from there.... But, with or without official support, it does appear to work.
I tried to get FH5 working with my AF v2 but although it would steer there was no FFB. Can you in a simple way explain what you did to get your wheel working as I'd really like to play this version with its UK content. Was it anything to do with the version of FH5 (i.e. Microsoft and not Steam?).
I see I'm mistaken about the UK content. nm. I'll still get this.

Last edited:
I tried to get FH5 working with my AF v2 but although it would steer there was no FFB. Can you in a simple way explain what you did to get your wheel working as I'd really like to play this version with its UK content. Was it anything to do with the version of FH5 (i.e. Microsoft and not Steam?).
I use the Microsoft Store Version. And, if you have that, we can definitely get you up and running.

I had to go back thru Sim Commander and FH5 to copy out the most pertinent settings... and here they are...

I make NO GUARANTEES that these are the most desirable settings, however, I can race, drift, etc., very competively with these settings. So, I suggest starting with these settings and adjusting your Sim Commander Intensity setting upward as necessary.

I'll start with Sim Commander 5 settings:

Under Output Mixer, pressing the expansion carrot next to the On/Off switch for Accuforce Steering wheel, Device Settings tab, set Degrees of Rotation to 540

Under Output Mixer, I set smoothing to 16 and intensity to 60%

Under Output Mixer, pressing the expansion carrot next to the On/Off switch for Accuforce Steering Wheel, Effects tab, I set:

Game Force Feedback Off (Switch displays red)
Game Force Feedback Smoothing Off (Switch displays red)
Damepening 1.18 %
Friction 1.18 &
Inertia 1.18%
Stationary Oscillation Control 100%
Oscillation Control 100%
Engine RPM 12.62%
Steering Feedback Foundation 100%
Road Bumps 5%
Accuforce Spring Off (Switch displays red)

Now, moving on to the game itself. In Forza Horizon 5, I do the following:

HUD settings:
Camera View DRIVER
Cockpit Drift Camera OFF
Cockpit Drift Camera Sensitivity 100
Cockpit Drift Camera Look Speed 100
Cockpit Drift Camera Range 100
Data Out ON
Date Out IP Address 127.0.0.1
Data Out IP Port 10001

DIFFICULTY settings:
Braking Anti-Lock On
Steering Simulation
Traction Control OFF
Stability Control OFF

ACCESSIBILITY settings:
Motion Blur OFF

ADVANCED CONTROL settings:
Steering Axis Deadzone Inside 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside 100
Steering Linearity 50
[Set Brake, Throttle, Clutch, E-Brake to whatever you like - I suggest a 20% deadzone on ebrake if you are using an analog e-brake.]

Finally, make sure you start Forza Horizon 5 from the appropriate Sim Commander widget/tile and not from Windows or Steam directly.

@Nepal, please let me know how these settings work for you.

@fwyflyer hey, thank you so much for that info, it must have taken some time so I really appreciate it. So I'm going to spend 40 quid now (tomorrow) and give it a go. I need something like this FH5 for some mindless distraction and fun with a nice British content. Thanks again I sure will let you know how it goes. hehe I'm excited now. :D

Last edited:
well I've given up. I bought it but can't find a way to install it. I've never seen such utter crap as in the MS store. Not going through that lot again for anything. All I wanted was a button to click on to download the game, but oh no. F**k that. anyway thanks for the offer of help sorry I wasted you time, and even more sorry I wasted mine. I'm an old guy and don't understand all this rubbish you have to put up with. At least Steam is nice and simple for someone like me.

well I've given up. I bought it but can't find a way to install it. I've never seen such utter crap as in the MS store. Not going through that lot again for anything. All I wanted was a button to click on to download the game, but oh no. F**k that. anyway thanks for the offer of help sorry I wasted you time, and even more sorry I wasted mine. I'm an old guy and don't understand all this rubbish you have to put up with. At least Steam is nice and simple for someone like me.
You should be using the Xbox app on your computer to install games from the Microsoft Store. It's not complicated there.

I consider the Xbox app to be a temporary bridge between xbox users and pc users. I also consider Forza to be an Xbox game. So, the bridge is kind of a necessary evil.

But, I also understand the frustration with having to use the Xbox app as it is truly a bit of an archaic relic on the PC side. I also remember just how confusing it was to buy and install FM7 on the Microsoft Store several years ago. It was honestly a bit of a head scratcher. So, I cannot fault you there.

If Microsoft ever really gets serious about PC gaming, I would hope they can streamline it a bit. Because of the aged xbox interface, even now, inviting another PC user to a convoy in FH5, is something relatively few know how to accomplish. And, without the aid of discord, I probably would have been lost too.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 93 13.7%