F1 2011 Will 2010 Setups work with 2011?

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I do know that the braking points were completely messed up by Codies and is going to be improved (hopefully) in F1 2011, also there is a new suspension system that will hopefully change handling a fair bit, but hopefully they should somewhat correlate to each other. Also depends on if the way you set-up the car is the same!

I don't expect a whole lot of difference honestly, from what i've heard the setup screen will remain the same, and the predefined setups are still based on wet>intermediate>dry.

Maybe some things will change which will require adjustments, some extremes might not work (11/1 wing settings), lots of rear brakes...
But should be a quick adjustment.

11/1 was not extreme as the setup values dont have a large range. You could just tweak the settings slighty from a base codies defined per track.. 1/1 wing on Monaco gave you more downforce than 11/11 on Monza for example.

@Andrew Lewis Hamilton :)

I hope that, extreme setups will not work as well as in 2010. I hope rear wing will be more imporant - like in real F1. Front is just to tweak under/over stear, downforce should be got from rear.
Agree
The more I think about it the more I'm inclined to think that the setups will quite a bit different. We wont know of course till we try but:
The Physics model is meant to be significantly improved/different.
The car more responsive and more manageable in oversteer.
This is all physics and setups are about physics.
We shall see

I still don't know why they're pushing the 'Be The Driver, Life The Life, Go Compete' thing cause all of you want to be the engineer. lol

But ok, I also want to adjust things on my car of course. I don't see the point of pushing that every year. F1 2005. and 2006. had really great setups even though I wasn't really playing that game too much so I wasn't paying attention on the setup. It was more split - screen with friends.

Mario its just different stroke for different folks.
Some ppl really enjoy advancing their knowledge and skill on this side.
Others just want to race their mates.
There is no right or wrong.
Previous games as far back as EA Sports F1 2002 had really detailed physics and setupo including skid pans and telemetry. Guess what I never used it.
Today however i want differenet things.
Viva la difference.

I was testing 1/1 in monaco once and it worked very well - monaco is track where you need more mechanical grip than aero. The difference in downforce is because they programed the game to simulate different wing designs - in one of the first developer videos of the game last year anthony said "you will always have the right wings and gear ratios for the track". I think that old setups might work but of course with some modifications. Now we will loose the ability to control the front wings.

if front wing does matterto steering caracteristics , then noone would be using 1/1 wing settings ( horrible understeer) or 11/1 ( horrible oversteer ) . 1/1 would be to slow on entries and 11/1 would be undrivable ( proof : get f1 10 in gt5 and set front wing to highest and rear wing to lowest . youll crash out in every corner , too unstable . the opposite proober that i have no turn in at all but im very stable ).

The wing settings in 2010 are not full control of the wing. There is a base setup for each track and you 1-11 settings are a tweaking only. Running a front wing on 1 is not the lowest you could take it on the car, but the lowest you can take it on that track's base setup.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back