Widescreen... My God...

It is almost impossible to get 1680x1050 at 16:10, it seems the only way is camhack, and that's not entirely reliable. I was expecting a community patch to solve the issue.

Anyone with questions or queries as to widescreen in RBR, post here.

• shofial

Try use this setting

windowed mode :
open the RichardBurnsRally.ini file , (c:/programfiles/scigames/richardburnsrally:)
find the line that reads:
Fullscreen = true
change it to read:
Fullscreen = false

Save the file..

Start RBR.

And at the desktop after RBR menu appear, click the windows game border (right or left) with your mouse and drag out that window to your best fit.The game will pause automatically until point and click your mouse to the RBR window. The game resume and enjoy..

Its works for me.
view my gameplay here :
MY GAME PLAY CLIPS

• Matt Crouch

Might as well add some info for anyone who happens to be browsing for it...

The resolution for the game is set in RichardBurnsRally.ini in the main game directory, for example to set 1360x768

XRes = 1360
YRes = 768

For anyone who runs at 1360x768 or another low res like me you've probably discovered the Hud disappears off the bottom of the screen when you set the resolution.

you can fix this by editing the digidash ini file for your resolution.
To move the hud, open the Misc.rbz file (this is just a zip file so you can open it with a program that does zip), extract digidash_1280.ini to <RBR directory>/Misc and edit the Hud position lines at the top. I have mine on 950 and 500.
The exact position and the file you need to edit depends on your resolution. I believe it uses the file one step down from your current horizontal resolution. Also if you use the reduced hud you probably need to edit the minidash file rather than digidash.

I haven't experimented for very long but that's the gist of it

• Matt Crouch

Will try and remember to do so later, you were extracting the ini file to the Misc folder and not editing it directly inside the rbz right?

Will try and remember to do so later, you were extracting the ini file to the Misc folder and not editing it directly inside the rbz right?

yes i extracted the ini and edited it, ran the game and the hud haddent moved, so i went to edit it again and it is disappeared, i now i didn't delete it as its not in my recycle bin :angel2:

i probably stuffed something up along the way, as i now remember the file type being 7z and not rbz after i copied it back :thinking:

• Matt Crouch

yeh if you aren't using the full hud you need to edit the minidash file (I haven't even looked at that though). I don't know which hud is default as I probably fiddled with that option a couple of years ago

Abdul if you're on 1920 I think you need to edit the 1600 file

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing