Wicklow Mountains, Ireland

Tracks Wicklow Mountains, Ireland 1.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Jake Grafton submitted a new resource:

Wicklow Moutains, Ireland - Tight, narrow, real country roads

Wicklow Mountains, Ireland
"Lap of the Gap" track for Assetto Corsa

Part 1 of 2

REQUIRED: GrassFX -- please enable this option in Custom Shaders Patch settings. (You can run without it, but it will look terrible.)

The Wicklow Mountains are located 30 kilometers south of Dublin. This track of real roads represents a small portion of it.

I have created layouts for the full track and have...

Read more about this resource...

Well, this is right up my street and it looks awesome but grassfx is an absolute fps killer for me and I can't use it. I'm nowhere near my rig atm so can I just ask is the grass that comes with it like Assetto default grass.

Thanks for this. Runs fine on my 4790k/2060 Super at 1440P.

The only thing that's curbing my enjoyment is that it is all VERY dark compared with other tracks. The sky and distant sun-lit hills look OK, but the road and vegetation are very dark, even where lit by the sun.

What I can see looks wonderful, but I feel like I'm peering through the gloom.

This is all with Sol 2.0.2 and CSP 0.1.72, using the Sol "Scattered Clouds" preset and "Sol Extra" PP filter.

Thanks for this. Runs fine on my 4790k/2060 Super at 1440P.

The only thing that's curbing my enjoyment is that it is all VERY dark compared with other tracks. The sky and distant sun-lit hills look OK, but the road and vegetation are very dark, even where lit by the sun.

What I can see looks wonderful, but I feel like I'm peering through the gloom.

This is all with Sol 2.0.2 and CSP 0.1.72, using the Sol "Scattered Clouds" preset and "Sol Extra" PP filter.

Thanks FuzzyHead, how does it look when using the "Clear" preset?

Sol 2.0.2, CSP 0.1.73, few clouds / SOL Extra filter (and GTX 1080 ti on triple screen setup).
Only tried stage 1 and 2 atm, but I have 123 FPS AVG on stage 1 and 134.8 on 2, and nothing too dark imo.
Brightness is easy to change with SOL config if needed.
I wanted to try the full lap, but whatever direction I want to start, I get the wrong direction sign ?
And on the full layout there is that dreaded car shake, typical for large tracks in AC (though I have Shaders Shaking Patch enabled).

Sol 2.0.2, CSP 0.1.73, few clouds / SOL Extra filter (and GTX 1080 ti on triple screen setup).
Only tried stage 1 and 2 atm, but I have 123 FPS AVG on stage 1 and 134.8 on 2, and nothing too dark imo.
Brightness is easy to change with SOL config if needed.
I wanted to try the full lap, but whatever direction I want to start, I get the wrong direction sign ?
And on the full layout there is that dreaded car shake, typical for large tracks in AC (though I have Shaders Shaking Patch enabled).
Thanks Fanapryde, for now could you use this? NO Wrong Way sign | RaceDepartment

I don't know much about that car shake. Do you mean in front of Glenadough Green? Or everywhere?

Thanks Fanapryde, for now could you use this? NO Wrong Way sign | RaceDepartment

I don't know much about that car shake. Do you mean in front of Glenadough Green? Or everywhere?
On very long tracks cars seem to do that in AC. It doesn't show in the stages, only when using the full track. I drove a while with the wrong way sign but got the shaking the whole time. Little you can do about it I'm afraid, it's due to the big map.

Doesn't seem too dark at all to me. Only got half way around before binning my car.
The circuit layout didn't seem to work for me in hotlap, wrong way warning caused warp to pits

I wouldn't bother with old school AC grass, grassfx can be less FPS intensive in some cases, maybe it was optimised recently?

Low res textures on the hills that you drive close to stand out a bit.

Looking forward to future versions

Doesn't seem too dark at all to me. Only got half way around before binning my car.
The circuit layout didn't seem to work for me in hotlap, wrong way warning caused warp to pits

I wouldn't bother with old school AC grass, grassfx can be less FPS intensive in some cases, maybe it was optimised recently?

Low res textures on the hills that you drive close to stand out a bit.

Looking forward to future versions
Thanks Chris, could you take a screenshot of the low res textures?

Hello Jake. These huge tracks are always a fun ride!
I´m not having any issues with the visibility of the road, however I´m getting avg 50 fps on track. My pc specs are closer to that of the recomended specs for ac, those with more powerfull cards shouldn´t have any isssues.
The problem seems to be the main 16000px texture; 4000 is already too much for ac. I know adding proper textures on each section of the track is too much work, especially for a track of this size, however spliting the main texture into smaller 2000px chunks should help alleviate performance issues.

Last edited:
Hello Jake. These huge tracks are always a fun ride!
I´m not having any issues with the visibility of the road, however I´m getting avg 50 fps on track. My pc specs are closer to that of the recomended specs for ac, those with more powerfull cards shouldn´t have any isssues.
The problem seems to be the main 16000px texture; 4000 is already too much for ac. I know adding proper textures on each section of the track is too much to ask, especially for a track of this size, however spliting the main texture into smaller 2000px chunks should help alleviate performance issues.

Hi Jlmp93, thanks for the info and the suggestion. I will just have to figure out how to do that... (I'm using RTB for the main file.)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%