why would I buy this instead of rfactor / rfactor 2 ?

Do it like me. Buy GSC and enjoy it till the release of rFactor 2.
Only thing is that now with the DLCs i don't think i will stop playing it after getting rFactor 2. GSC is awesome.
There are 159 persons wanting the free copy. If all of them buy the game, the servers will be more filled. And that is the key to keep this sim running a long time.
So you can buy it, and you can buy too RF2. ;)

hi to all ...
GREAT forum and very happy to found it along with GSC!!!

i just can say: I finally found THE SimRace!

Being around for more then 10 years in SimRacing and trying most of the Sim's, I have a very positive feeling about GSC!
Recently I read somewhere that Formula Reiza is the best available F1 sim out there and similar to what the F1 Top-Teams use for their simulations. Well that was an argument to get it tested!
As an F1 and Openwheeler lover, I hesitated a moment about the Stock-Car title but don't regret after testing the F3 and F1-Reiza!
The Physics, Feel and Fun-Factor are for my personal taste the best out there atm plus the fair politics from GSC with its pricing and no monthly fee's and pay-here-and-there is another strong argument for this game.
Plus there is already a supportive community around that is willing to share (BIG thanks at this point!) and this could make this game very popular!
And I am sure if the community is growing, more international tracks will be released to please everybody!

30 minutes is what is stopping me from trying this one out.. Not enough time to setup wheel, buttons, FFB... 30 minutes on track, yes, that sounds good but if trial time is mostly spent on unfamiliar menus setting up the whole thing, no thank you..

And those suggestions of "buy them all" is just stupid.. Not all of us can afford to buy every simracing game there is, i actually feel a little bit insulted now.

Who said that you have to buy all sims? The question is between GSC and RF2. Many players are crying "I have no money, I am poor". And when you look closer, they have a graphical card that costs 400€ and a wheel 300€.
For others who have really no money, they can buy GSC.;)

mod edit: rest of post removed

And I am sure if the community is growing, more international tracks will be released to please everybody!
I doubt it. This is a brazilian game with the focus on the series from that country. Apart from a handful of addon tracks I dont think we will see the regular (european) tracks.

Perhaps Reiza didn't think about this success in Europe. Overall, I think the European community want some new thing from the game, like a new car or new tracks (european or not). I think this is the normal way for a game, having some new thing, sometimes...
The french championship of GSC is a success with 36 drivers. But I don't know if all of them will want to run on the same tracks in 2013.

Reiza, do what you can, but drivers appreciate your work so much.

Perhaps they are saving it all for their next game 'Senna The Game'. It's hard to imagine a racing game with Ayrton Senna in it that never visits a whole bunch of F1 tracks, especially the older ones that are not in use anymore in F1, some real classics :)

30 minutes is what is stopping me from trying this one out.. Not enough time to setup wheel, buttons, FFB... 30 minutes on track, yes, that sounds good but if trial time is mostly spent on unfamiliar menus setting up the whole thing, no thank you...

It's a genuine sim......so do you like sims and do you like the prospect of owning one of the great sim cars{88 Mac F1 clone}, then buy it.
The default settings with G27 is the best of any sim I've tried.
It has outstanding FFB, steering precision, sim driving model, and also some of the best car sounds of any racing game.

I don't have the Momo, but this game feels fantastic with my DFP!!!!

If it wasn't for the content being fairly regional to South Americans then this sim would have a bigger following. The Stock Cars are a gr8 challenge in driving style. The F3 is fun, but the F1 Classic is a joy to behold:).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.7%