why would I buy this instead of rfactor / rfactor 2 ?

I think that everybody will say to you that you have to buy GSC.
The reason?
RF2 is not released yet... So difficult to know its qualities... (what will its physics be?)

Overall, GSC offers you terrific tracks and a wonderful ffb to feel each cm² of these tracks with a lot of fun online.
So, for 30$, you have 20 layouts, 4 cars et the best sim I know...

Read this
I think you will have a better idea what people think of this sim

For me its simple, I prefer GSC quality over rF1 quantity. (I have both)

And GSC have F1 cars! The Formula Classic is based on a 1988 F1 and the new Formula Reiza on a 2010 F1
Its a real pleasure to drive any of those cars.

You can download GSC demo and see for yourself, its a little short (30 min) but it was enough for me to click on buy.

but I only drive F1 cars .... is there an F1 mod for it ?
Like mention several time in this thread, there is a F1 car it's call Formula Reiza. And the formula Classic is an 1988 F1.

But i get the feeling what you are looking for is a full field of current F1 teams with F1 tracks.

GSC is mainly a StockCar V8 sim with real teams and tracks from 2010 (i think) championship, recently Reiza added 2 fantastic F1 cars and soon we should get a F3 that should fit the GSC track selection better, the only real F1 track we have atm is Interlagos (and Jerez even if not a current F1 track)

I was mainly looking for open-wheelers before trying GSC, the quality of the sim is so good that i couldn't resist buying it, and I really enjoy driving those V8 now and only regret i didn't bought it sooner.

Only you know what you really want, all we can tell you is that the quality of physics, tracks, ffb, textures of the whole GSC package is outstanding. The demo is there for you to try, i don't know if new F1 cars are included in the demo or the 1.7 patch but if you can upgrade the demo you should ugrade everything you can before launching the game, demo is only 30 minutes.

But again, if you're only looking for F1 cars and tracks then maybe this is not for you... your lost hehehe :)

GSC has better graphics than rFactor 1, new tracks, new cars, better FFB, very good physics, and you won't need a subscription after 12 months to play it online whereas it will be the case for rFactor 2 (but small subscription 12.99 $/year).

May I suggest that the demo is set to run for longer please, as 30 mins is pretty minimal. After going through all the settings menus, plus trying to get my wheel to work correctly, then finding the sensitivity was way too high, I barely had time to test the game.

I think I managed about 1/4 of a lap at Interlagos in the Formula 3 car ....

Out the pits, over-corrected when hitting the kerb ..... spin

Next corner, braked too late ...... off into the run-off area

Next corner, same as above ...... dropped to desktop, 'please buy the game'

Not enough time for a good appraisal (nor good driving from me). I did buy it, because I liked what I was feeling through the wheel, and what I was hearing. More time would have been nice though!

I agree completely with Gnu, I have just tried the demo, I was aware I only had 30 minutes so I was quick to setup my options and controller, but had no time at all to make any setup changes. I probably drove a total of 5 laps, if that. Don't get me wrong, it looks really good, and I am about to buy this, but my steering and FFB is still not set up properly, so I have to rely on people's comments on this forum to decide if it's worth it, rather than the actual game demo. Surely that defeats the point of the demo. I would suggest it would be fairer to make it 2 hours or so, that would give more time to set up and then get a genuine chance to appraise the feel of the driving.
Please don't take this as a moan, as I say I am about to buy this anyway, but I think you may encourage more purchases if you consider making this change :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%