Why WHY is the game so ugly on my machine?

I have jaggies from hell, twinkling shadows of doom, bluriness of the gods and dunno what to try next.

I've tried literally every combination of settings, in-game, modding the .ini files and overriding with AMD Catalyst profile forcing things like AA to supersampling, etc.

The jaggies, shadows and blurriness remains like the damn ship over Dallas in Independence Day.

My system: dual 7970 in Crossfire running 13.11 drivers, i7 3970K on 3 50" plasmas.

I try to be Mr. Hardcore and drive in cockpit mode, but the low set view means that the upcoming corner is literally only 100px high, and thanks to my inability to get the game to run well its just a blurry mess.

Please Race Dept, help me. You're my only hope.

Would a video of my problem help? I could take a vid with my phone to show the effects.

I Noticed some issues on my TV Regarding reflections and some shadows I got my best results by turning the V-Sync back on, but you are never going to get truly awesome results running 50" Screens unless the screens are unlocked if the srceens are between 60HZ OR 100HZ Then leaving V-Sync running is your best option, as each refresh rate of your screen will be aligned turning the V-Sync off while running 2 graphics cards you might be generating 150fps but your screen refresh rate might only be 60/100 hz/fps ,
Try another monitor first before trying to solve issues that you may never get to , One screen at 1080p and then after you still see the same results, Try solving the problem but it could just be a simple case of FPS Overkill:thumbsup:

For what its worth, I didn't see your reply so I just hacked up the config files to get this working. It makes a definite improvement on my AMD cards since shadows are heavily aliased.. however it is a monster load on my machine. Since AC doesn't support XFire I'm stuck with a single 7970. I ran the game in 8826x1620 (!) which is nearly DOUBLE 4K Ultra HD pixel count lol. Still, with some options turned down it ran ok.

But in the end it wasn't easily usable because the GUI in the game also scales (so its smaller), and the mouse cursor didn't line up over the items on screen. I'd have to hunt randomly to find the icons by watching for them to light up. PITA factor was huge. Good idea though, best I've seen yet.

Euro Truck Sim 2 has this built in as "scaling" in the graphics options and it works amazing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back