Why the Convo Spam?

El-ahrairah

Prince with a thousand enemies
So some of you probably noticed this new idea of mass conversation's (one for each game it seems) to tell people what the weeks club races are...

This to me seems like a needlessly spammy and annoying method of telling people about upcoming clubs. Personally if I feel like going to a club race in any given week I'll check the Club Race forum myself.

Don't you already advertise all the upcoming clubs in that news article Chris does?

Just my opinion...

I think it is a great way of getting people in the clubs and I don't say that because of the staff tag. I mean, the little alert doesn't bother me at all for the few times it shows up. Other than that, do what Bram says if it really goes on your nerves so bad.

I mean in retrospect it is a whiny b1tch post.. and don't worry I left the convo the second I realised what it was ;)

Its just frustrating when there are already several ways people can choose to be updated on clubs without spamming their inbox's.

Chris already does a good job getting the word out with his news article which is posted all over the front page and on the Facebook. Also people can choose toe "Watch" the club thread for the game they're interested in and be spammed to their hearts content. And in the end... regulars like myself and many others are just going to check the forum the old fashioned way on a weekly basis anyway.

Like I said in the beginning, in the grand scheme of things it means little. But I know I wasn't the only one a little annoyed by this, (EDIT) and in the end thats what the feedback forum is for.

Last edited:
I think it's a good way, an even better way would be to select for which club, or even more advanced for which kind of events you'd like to be notified.

In my wet dreams i envision a "notify me when" form:
1) Racing sim
[ ] Assetto Corsa
[x] Automobilista
[ ] rFactor
[x] rFactor2

2) Car class
[ ] Open wheelers
[x] Tintops

3) Track type
[ ] Oval
[x] Road course

Honestly I just accepted that there is always a "1" on my inbox just because there is always an upcoming event for AMS Racing Club. But I am one of the (probably) few persons who takes a look at Club Races and if there is something that interests me. Don´t get me wrong, I don´t have a problem with that, even though I might miss a different message on my inbox because there is always a new message.
The thing is it doesn´t achieve what it was created for and doesn´t help in my case. I will race in Club Races when I have time for it. Maybe a calendar on the frontpage is more useful or kind of that concept.

Cheers

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back