why the Camaro is not like

Yves Larose

Premium
hi guy's

i'm curious to know why the Camaro is not like and people doesn't take the time to discover them. i find them very fun to drive and since not much setting can be change on them its all come to the driving which in my opinion racing its all about. i compare them to the mini's, if i would have stayed with my first impression of the mini's i would never race them and i would have missed the most exciting race i had so far on RD, thanks to Atilla and Grégory for making me discover the mini's. i will be glad to help anyone who is willing to drive properly so they can be competitive as Atilla and Grégory have done for me for the mini's.

cheers Yves

Ryan i just want to ask you a question, what the difference with your gamepad controler and my wheel which is 10 years old ( half the rotation of a G25 ) where the FFB doesn't work anymore and that my gas pedal doesn't work properly ?

Fantastic cars imho, its a shame hardly nobody turned up for the USA event at Watkins which was one fo the best combinations we have seen in the racing club ever! Put them on the ring please :)

LOL - I tried em and I didn't like 'em. Not my cup of tea - maybe with a wheel and FFB but otherwise impossible to drive with a pad. (No feedback and little throttle travel)
should be just the same as any other rwd car Ryan the power curve is pretty smooth, just make some changes to the default setup like the rear camber for one and they great fun

Attachments

• camaro.jpg
    camaro.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 242
hi guy's

i'm curious to know why the Camaro is not like and people doesn't take the time to discover them.
i think a lot of guys here are too used to 6 speed fwd cars and use the torque to slow the car down while crashing down through the box, with these you have to use the brakes a lot more and the lack of gears can make change downs tricky myself i love these types of cars that are not too easy to drive.

I like them, I did the first enduro... or should I say... I tried to do it... lol.

I'm around all the time but, I only go with something that takes my fancy.
My personal opinion, the Camaro could be more suited to sprint races.

Or maybe.. its, the combination of me and the Camaro, are more suited to sprint races... lol.

Yves, I 'll them a try for sure if there half as fun as the mini's. I think you hit the nail on the head, its all about dicovering the cars in the game. I personally have only driven a few cars, WTCC, F3000 and the mini's. With so much choice there's gonna be a few cars that get favoured over the others. Also the Camaro is only available with the STCC add on. I reckon there will be a few more people giving them ago after christmas, as I reckon a few copies will be recieved as gifts.

i think that once guys get used to them then they will find these more fun than even the mini, be it endurance races or sprints they will be great in both so please do not give up on them, myself i would like to see Camaro and Caterham races a lot more often simply because they are never dull and it is a challenge just to keep the beasts on the track sometimes just as it should be with any powerful rwd car :worship:

We definitely need to keep including Camaro's in our events, they are different, require some different driving techniques, and very much one design class (with limited setup options), and can be heaps of fun. I think track selection is important to get the best value out of them, not the very tight twisty tracks.

I totally agree with keeping the camaro's lined up...
At first i hated them too, but now they have a special place in my garage eventhough i find it difficult to drive them.
I think people need to give the Camaro equal chance as the Mini and i'm sure they will have equal amounts of fun.

I hate them, not the sort of car i like driving as the brakes aren't great, and they just feel like they would rather be going around an oval...

i've tried them on indianapolis and it would be the boring race i ever drive in, since you can't adjust their gear box they hit the rev limiter on the straight therefor no drafting so no overtaking opportunity but on a shorter oval it should be more exciting. and on the brake thing its not that they don't have good brakes it just that they are heavier car therefor slow down less faster.

I like the Camero but it took me lots of laps to even feel like I was keeping a good line on practice at mid Ohio. I honestly like the light weight Caterham for a car thats loose. I'm sure with more practice I may like the Camero as much. The engine note is awesome!

I love the camaros but the events i've seen here were on days i can join ,and i think it could a big serie here like the minis but if you want to have a big comunity you have to play it on week end,saturday night maybe where a lot of us can join the races,it's just my opinion and i hope i could join the next event!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 483 39.0%