Why so many tracks in RF 2 are low quality?

I know its kinda strange question but still... A good question! Rfactor 2 has a good engine but most circuits are poorly done: road textures are bad, trees textures are bad, ambient occlusion is close to nonexistent!!! Only Croft circuit with Poznan are amazing! Why's that??

I know its kinda strange question but still... A good question! Rfactor 2 has a good engine but most circuits are poorly done: road textures are bad, trees textures are bad, ambient occlusion is close to nonexistent!!! Only Croft circuit with Poznan are amazing! Why's that??

Because without the bloom, blur, sunflare, etc... The track textures are more visible and must be top quality.
ISI doesn't like canned effects you don't see with your eyes.

Because some of them are fairly quick conversions. The isi stock tracks are usually pretty well done(malaysia, silverstone, mores, brianza etc...). The VLM tracks (croft, poznan, sebring, mid-ohio) are great as well.
There are some nice other tracks like Monza, Spa, COTA, Nürburgring GP.

The Nordschleife is a realy beauty.

It's divided into 2: the beautiful and the ugly.

The main problem for me on some tracks, especially ISI's ones are the tightness of the track, and slippery's kerbs.

Malaysia: Turn 1 is so tight and bumpy (looks like a stepstair on the inside) compared to real track, same for T14.Kerbs are all horrible.Estoril is the same story, as Indianapolis GP 2014, where T4 and 5 are ridiculously slow and tight.

VLM Sebring is very pleasant I love it (kerbs are a little slippery and too hight), VLM Mid-Ohio is an excellent circuit but kerbs are nightmare (too high, it's more a treetrunk than a kerb, just like ancient circuits, but again not realistic !!).

I can add FSR Montreal 2015 (Montreal in general).

There is also poor variety of urban circuit: Long Beach 0.95 is an rF1 conversion (very cubic !!), Adelaide is such a joke to drive on and graphically like...F1 1998.
Only Monaco by RaceRfactor is very great on all points.

Biggest issue for me is AIW. Fortunately, there are now enough quality tracks for me to immediately shelve any track with AIW issues. Problem is that now there are so many with poor AIW I almost don't even want to bother downloading any new tracks. My plan now is to wait several days until I can get a good feel of the issues being reported because I simply don't want to go back to the rF1 A.D.D. days of digging for gold.

The main problem for me on some tracks, especially ISI's ones are the tightness of the track, and slippery's kerbs.

Just a quick note why I don't agree. The indy turn 4-5 is flat out, how is that too tight?

Kerbs are not any sort of problem that I've encountered, so maybe you could provide examples I can try?

On real tracks, some kerbs are high, some are slippery and some older cars on older tech, especially the contact patch will be missing a 'layer' of feeling. So lateral load on a surface that has not as much rubber with gobs of power down is always going to cause you problems. Especially if you've not tuned your dampers.

The indy turn 4-5 is flat out, how is that too tight?

I forgot to precise that it's too slow with the DW12.OK, maybe it's not the better example, I have already gone fast through that turn, but maybe it seems quite less smooth than real DW12 can do.I've set my dampers, the car run through but the visual impression is...unreal, just like climb a too much big kerb than real life.

Turn 1 and 14 at Sepang are tru examples of what I talked about.But I must say that this Sepang's version contains less run-off than the real circuit, good thing.

Kerbs are not any sort of problem that I've encountered, so maybe you could provide examples I can try?

Worst are on Mid-Ohio (Sebring are the same but I find it easier), but on some other tracks too: FSR Montreal 2015 (at the 2nd chicane, and the last, a complete joke).

Biggest issue for me is AIW

What does AIW mean ? I don't understand that word.

In general I don't like when kerbs are more like ice than rumbling edge: on ISI's tracks it's the case, you run on it and you can ridiculously loose you car immediately without feel any bump on your car.
I have to disagree. I dont know, if you have switched to a wheel in the mean time, but when I hit a in real life "hitable" curb I have no issue controlling the car, but I of course have to make corrections.
You should try AC the artificial grass behind the curb is deadly. You sometimes spin out even going straight over it. Same story with Sebring I can ride nearly every curn easily with a GT car. With formula cars you cant eith modt curbs there because they are damm high and they dont hit them most of the time in reality.

In general I don't like when kerbs are more like ice than rumbling edge: on ISI's tracks it's the case, you run on it and you can ridiculously loose you car immediately without feel any bump on your car.

I don't believe this is normal behavior. I can understand you may feel this hitting a kerb without any real road applied, the ice feeling that is, but to say you loose it immediately without any feeling that's not right.

Most correctly modeled kerbs make it hard to keep the wheel straight. Watching the slowmo replay you can see the dampers trying their best to keep the contact patch down, The steering oscillates quite forcefully. The forces you feel are from the steering rack so the rear may feel comparatively numb. This does not sound anything like what you are experiencing though.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 418 39.8%