Why no wheelspin on first gear?

There is a strange and unrealistic behaviour in all cars when accelerating in first gear, like a magical traction control that prevents wheel spinning and make the cars accelerate very progressively, like if you were using 5th gear instead. If you grab a real car with 200 or 300 bhp and suddently press the throtle to the bottom in first gear, while the car is still or moving slowly, the wheels would loose traction at first, spinning and creating some smoke. That kind of behaviour, which would force you to be cautious using your throttle very agressively in first gear, is absolutelly absent in this game. I have tried different cars, modern and old and it's the same. It must not be related to the autoclutch (makes no difference with it on or off) because if you are driving slowly in first gear, with the revs down, the clutch should already be fully released. Of course I have all assists off. Have I configured anything wrong? Is there any reason for this?

if you configure clutch, you should just be able to make stuff like spinning start
for keyboard users you can now enable this, with CustomShadersPatch v0.1.62:
1597996540185.png

For me the only way is to rev up in neutral and engage first gear, but never for instance, when you are driving at low speed in 1st gear and press the pedal to the metal. What cars are you trying?

300 horsepower isn't actually that huge for modern tires. Unless the car has 200+ hp already at the low rpm you're starting from, and minimal rotating mass, I wouldn't really expect any spinning. (eg. ktm xbow will barely spin tires at 5000+ rpm in 1st, where it has 250 hp, but no chance at all under 5000)

• Deleted member 963434

yes yo cant even make burnout wit bmw e30 m3 an it has 280 hp, even wit 80s vintage tyres, my e36 320i 150 hp make burnout in real life

• Deleted member 963434

yo must make donuts first to get tyres hot, then yo can make burnout while standing still
also driftin bmw e30 drift good driftin cause it have wielded diff.
but in stock m3 e30 yo must put full throttle at higher speed sometimes weight transfer for it to drift, thats too easy my real life e36 320i 150 hp driftin faster from lower speed its easier to lose control

Why? Aren't they powerful enough? Do they have some kind of traction control that cannot be disabled? Maybe their tires have too much grip?

I've driven a couple M3 E30's, stock they won't wheelspin like you describe. The Merc is a race car, setup to put the power to ground, is on slicks and has a tall first gear. The 312T has massive slicks, doesn't start putting power on until over 5000rpm, where it's doing nearly 70kmh and runs out to over 130 in 1st. They're just not really cars I'd expect to wheelspin like you want.

Your first post you said 'all cars' but this isn't the case. Plenty will. Just some won't.

Yes. Beware what you -think- is true, to what is actually true. I can make cars wheelspin, but not every car will, no matter how much power. There are many more factors involved than simply stomping on the throttle. Torque curve, engine response, tyre type / width / temperature, etc.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back