Why no order confirmation from Fanatec?

(I've also posted this question on the Porsche 911 Wheel Club forum, just in the hope that someone from Fanatec reads it and replies.)

Another example of Fanatec's disorganized business model:

I ordered a CSP Tuning Kit yesterday. After placing the order I immediately received a confirming email from PayPal that the order had been processed by them, meaning that the financial transaction between Fanatec and me had been processed.

Every Internet vendor I order from then replies immediately with an automated email that they have received the order (and payment), with a summary of what was ordered. They usually don't include a shipping date, which is fine because it's often difficult to specify when an order will ship. But, at least you've been made aware that the company has your order information and will be processing it.

This is the second order I've made with Fanatec over the past few months. I did not receive an automated, confirming email from them for the earlier order, either.

Why is this standard business practice so easy for other vendors but so seemingly difficult for Fanatec? This is not a technical support issue, which often cannot be solved right away. This is a basic service to the customer, who has just given them their money. Is it so much to expect a simple, automated acknowledgement email?

Hi, Brian. Yes, that's what I got when my first order shipped, too. imo that should be the second email from the vendor. The first should be that they have received and acknowledged your order. With the recent shipment delays, it's unprofessional and basically inexcusable to make a customer wait for weeks or even months (in many cases) just to finally receive a notice that the company actually got your order in the first place.

I mean, really, how hard can it be? They must have some kind of order tracking system, right?

Upvote 0
There are so many stories of this... what a shame, because from what I read, when it works, the products are great!

Fanatec, sort yourselves out, or sell the company while its still has worth.

But Please Fanatec, DO SOMETHING DUDES!

Upvote 0
This also happens to . I just ordered the Csl elite not 4 hours ago and they definitely took the 516 dollars out my paypal account. When it was time to be rerouted to the fanatec website i got an error ad never recieved a confirmation of order.

I just ordered the Loadcell pedals on the 21st of January 2020 and recieved confirmation right away. Then an update to let me know it was shipped with tracking number.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back