Tracks Why isn't my basic first track working (car flips over, then missing or misplaced wheels and car won't drive)

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make my first track, so far its going OK, I've been through a few struggles but managed to actually get the game loading. But when I start a hotlap or practice, the car just goes crazy, like its "stuck" inside the road or something. First it just goes crazy glitching in all different directions. Then it's missing one or more wheels, or they're not inside the wheel arches.

I've got the spawn point axes in the right direction Y Up, Z the direction you want to be facing. (In blender anyway, maybe i'm not exporting the FBX right or something). I've got the spawn points off the ground. I put them in empties, so its nothing to do with the material. I thought it could be there was a "bottom" of the road as well, and it could be getting stuck between bottom and top somehow, but its not that either.

I've uploaded my work so far, the blender file, the exported FBX file with textures plus the FBX ini in the editor, finally the actual physical track folder. In a zip for convenience.

Link to zip here

20210711230336_1.jpg

Last edited:
it is related to the spawn (AC_PITxx....), try to reset it and check axis, at least that work for 3dsmax, not sure about blender.
Ok, so I worked out that my spawn point was on a 0.00003 angle instead of 0, so now its working sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't, and always at the setup screen for hotlap it initially does the same glitchy thing before either settling on its wheels, roof, side, or falling off the track.

Edit: Got it working fully. My problem was I was using -Z Forward on the FBX Export instead of Z Forward. Here are my settings that are working on Blender 2.93.1

fbx.PNG

Last edited:
Ok, so I worked out that my spawn point was on a 0.00003 angle instead of 0, so now its working sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't, and always at the setup screen for hotlap it initially does the same glitchy thing before either settling on its wheels, roof, side, or falling off the track.

Edit: Got it working fully. My problem was I was using -Z Forward on the FBX Export instead of Z Forward. Here are my settings that are working on Blender 2.93.1

View attachment 487401
great to know you fix it :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back