Why isn't anyone racing FC1 2014 v0.3.5 cars

I never see people racing the F1 2014 cars anymore. I know all about the big fall out that happened with Chargingcar with Formula Corsa Mod guys.
The FC1 2014 v0.3.5 is still on racedepartment for downloading. This mod is so good I hate to see nobody racing these cars anymore whats going on?
Isn't anyone liking these cars? Awww!! I'm going insane here!!

Let's race these cars is there anyone with me on this?

It's for a couple of reasons:

1) The performance difference between the Mercedes and Ferrari is too large. So there's no point using the ferrari, because it can't win unless you have a pro vs a bunch of beginners.

2) There's only 1 LOD, so people on lower spec systems can't handle too many cars.

I agree John, but I guess Chris's LOD point is a big problem.
I know @Ryan Ogurek got the Ferrari hooked up around Mugello and I think it was almost the same as his Merc time. Inspired by that I got the Ferrari to within a second or 2 of my Merc there too.
I would love to run a small field in Mugello or the F1 tracks - Maybe in the quiet Christmas period.

I also found it physically exhausting to run at quali-pace. I would need a nanna nap (afternoon sleep) between quali and race!

Gutted about the GP2 tires as well. The Force India looks mint. We desperately needed more sets in the early release but latest set of 3 are too slippery.

Let's all just hope the Fantasy F3 project is not derailed by knob heads on forums.

I agree John, but I guess Chris's LOD point is a big problem.
I know @Ryan Ogurek got the Ferrari hooked up around Mugello and I think it was almost the same as his Merc time. Inspired by that I got the Ferrari to within a second or 2 of my Merc there too.
I would love to run a small field in Mugello or the F1 tracks - Maybe in the quiet Christmas period.

I also found it physically exhausting to run at quali-pace. I would need a nanna nap (afternoon sleep) between quali and race!

Gutted about the GP2 tires as well. The Force India looks mint. We desperately needed more sets in the early release but latest set of 3 are too slippery.

Let's all just hope the Fantasy F3 project is not derailed by knob heads on forums.
Yes we did run a race with the FC1 mod, and multiple people complained (myself included) of detrimental screen freezes due to the single LOD. Also yes, I did get the times close, within a half a second, but the merc can do it over and over whereas the Ferrari is a once in a hundred lap deal.

Yea to bad I missed that FC1 race.
I really like the FC1 at Mugello also, so much fun!

Too bad about the single LOD causing screen stutters.
Maybe "Chargingcar" at some point, fix that problem, that would get more people into those cars for sure.

Anybody ever want to race those cars send me PM and let's do some racin!!

One of my buddies can drive that Ferrari really good like 23's @ Mugello. If I can say that or not I don't know.
I can't get the backend of that Ferrari to sit still.

Hey F1 people!! If we just make some "REALLY LOUD NOISE" maybe the FCM Team can get together and continue doing the professional studio quality work they were doing before. or a new Modding Team can get these cars updated, or something!
So we can have some bigger races goin on around here!! Please!!
I know alot of hrs goes into making mod's and it's very much appreciated by more people then we know. We need people racing these cars online, seeing servers full of F1 cars is like having a bunch of free tickets to ride the fastest rides at the Fair!!!
See this is what happens to me! It's crazy time guys!!
F1 morning, noon and all night!!
Thanks guys!

Sorry about all that DRAMA ! !
Just tryin to get some people pumped up about the FC1 2014 cars!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If and when they complete the mod I think you will find it will do much better. Understand that no one likes half or third of a field of cars, we are all so use to having everything at once, that when something takes time to develop we lose interest, but once it's finished and the word gets out, we are all over it like a rash.
So if the guys can overcome the differences for the sake of the mod, I think it will go OFF when it's completed, it's definitely got the goods to make it a successful mod, we can only hope it gets finished.

Cheers

Well if the FC1 2014 cars never get updates it needs to get them completed it would be a big disappointment. But that disappointment started a while ago when they pulled the Formula Corsa website. Bla! Bla! Bla! Maybe they can get together and have some drinks & work it out and get excited once again and finish what they started!! And then they can go which ever direction they want. At least make what was already great unfinished mod and make it the way they intended. lol yea!!

Ok time for something bigger and better to happen.

Maybe Kunos will have F1 2014 when the game is released. That would be awesome!!

I'm not trolling but have any of you tried the GSCE Formula Extreme cars.
The first car in a high-end racing simulator based on the F1 technical regulations of 2014 – including a V6 1.6 Turbo engine, 8-speed gearbox, energy recovery systems and DRS.
Could tide you over. As I said not trolling just a heads up.:)

I'm so sad this mod is canceled, because it's so awesome when you get used to the car and learn how to drive it. I know there's Exos S1 too, but it's not the same. With Exos there's that lag of sensation that you are driving a modern F1 car.

It feels so realistic ( though I haven't driven F1), but there comes that drawback of this mod. Like in real world, Mercedes is too fast compared to Ferrari and Lotus. It doesn't feel right that there's 22 Merc's in the grid . I personally prefer Ferrari and Kimi because I'm from Finland and have allways worship that man:laugh:. I could choose Nico too, but I think he's more German than Finn. And to be frankly, it's not all about winning the race. fun and clean race is above that.

I would love to see more F1 events with this car from @Georg Siebert . That Mugello practice session yesterday was pretty awesome, and I felt that I'm not playing just an ordinary online racing game. It was a proper simracing event with that presentation and all. Thanks for that:thumbsup:.

I never see people racing the F1 2014 cars anymore. I know all about the big fall out that happened with Chargingcar with Formula Corsa Mod guys.
The FC1 2014 v0.3.5 is still on racedepartment for downloading. This mod is so good I hate to see nobody racing these cars anymore whats going on?
Isn't anyone liking these cars? Awww!! I'm going insane here!!

Let's race these cars is there anyone with me on this?

In my opinion is simply because everyone who has followed F1 simulation so far, knows that mod is not even close to being good!
Have a close look at the car behaviour on diffrent tracks!

mod-edit: edited, a calmer tone goes further than a poor phrased gut reaction
(don't feed the trolls)

Have a look at how diffrent it is from real life:

1st- The car suspension movment is all over the place with no reason for that kind of track surface. (even though the camera is not static as in real life)
2nd- The car sounds as if it is drifting in almost every corner when in fact it isn't.

Overall It looks intersting in high speed tracks but once you try it in slower tracks the mask falls totaly more than in any other car in assetto.

Have a look at how diffrent it is from real life:

1st- The car suspension movment is all over the place with no reason for that kind of track surface. (even though the camera is not static as in real life)
2nd- The car sounds as if it is drifting in almost every corner when in fact it isn't.

Overall It looks intersting in high speed tracks but once you try it in slower tracks the mask falls totaly more than in any other car in assetto.

have u considered the track surface in AC might not be so smooth as in reality, and maybe thats why the car is so bouncy?

Most of the original Assetto cars feel fine on the same tracks. This F1 mod suspension is terrible!

mod-edit: again, you need to argue in a calmer tone
throwing adjectives around won't help you - if you take issue with the car's physics, you need to provide constructive feedback to the mod authors

I doubt I'll ever drive modded cars in AC because these days the fidelity of the physics simulation is so impressive that I doubt modding teams can do these cars any justice due to a lack of resources such as data straight from the manufacturers.

It was very popular initially because it was very good quality for a beta, and it was F1. We knew we could give feedback and the mod would get improved by the developers listening to the feedback.

But for a final version, it is pretty bad to be honest. Yes, it was not intended to be left as a final version like it is now, but since the modders have divorced, this is what we are left with, and it is pretty disappointing.

It wasn't intended this way, but that's the way it is I guess. Most of us were eagerly playing it and giving feedback since we knew issues would be tweaked and corrected, but there's none of that any longer, so there's nothing luring us back into driving it any more.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 249 13.4%