PC1 why is the pCARS forum buried?

Personally, I have never experienced the same level of satisfaction from any console racer - not even close. The PC SIMS just have more customization options, better physics and detail that the consoles cannot provide. I'll grant you that the consoles are better for casual gaming and are more cost effective than buying a high-end PC but, for those of us that appreciate the finer details - especially in terms of physics and FFB, PC rules IMO. Pcars will be the closest thing to Forza and GT on the PC and there certainly should be a market for that.

Having said that, the fact that Pcars is going to be on PC and Forza and GT are not makes any further comparison pointless for me. If they are ever made for PC, then I would be so happy to reconsider. I have always walked away from any console racer after playing for a couple of hours thinking about how much is lacking, longing for my favorite PC SIM, and handing the console back to the kids - never looking back. It'd be interesting to see how the new consoles compare to the last gen stuff but, that's about it. I can rent one sometime for a day or so if I get really bored just to check it out and I'd be good until the next gen comes.

Personally, I have never experienced the same level of satisfaction from any console racer - not even close. The PC SIMS just have more customization options, better physics and detail that the consoles cannot provide. I'll grant you that the consoles are better for casual gaming and are more cost effective than buying a high-end PC but, for those of us that appreciate the finer details - especially in terms of physics and FFB, PC rules IMO. Pcars will be the closest thing to Forza and GT on the PC and there certainly should be a market for that.

Having said that, the fact that Pcars is going to be on PC and Forza and GT are not makes any further comparison pointless for me. If they are ever made for PC, then I would be so happy to reconsider. I have always walked away from any console racer after playing for a couple of hours thinking about how much is lacking, longing for my favorite PC SIM, and handing the console back to the kids - never looking back. It'd be interesting to see how the new consoles compare to the last gen stuff but, that's about it. I can rent one sometime for a day or so if I get really bored just to check it out and I'd be good until the next gen comes.

Agreed, Console games can get as close as they can with regards to physics and ffb within their limited resources, but still come up wanting compared to PCs. Also it's the actual race weekend that the likes of GT and Forza fail miserably at. I fully realise that most "casual" racers don't care for a proper race weekend, but how hard is it to have a menu somewhere to select a full race weekend? The structure of the likes of Forza and GT is just appalling, I used to be a big GT fan, IMO it peaked at GT3 and started to go downhill with GT4 with the overemphasis on quantity over quality, the inclusion of faff like Bspec, and those appalling single file rolling starts.

We will just have to wait and see if PCars fairs any better than any other console designed race game. I hope it does but I fear it too wants quantity and prettiness over quality.

Career modes can be fun. But the one in GT 6 is entirely broken. But still there is some fun in testing new cars and how you fair but I never got a real race in it. I did all special events and got gold on all super events.

I would also love a similar approach on tv. But 1200 cars it´s just unnecessary particularly if 100 of those are nissan skylines and 800 is non premium models... But I like the idea of getting different type of race cars on the same race track and compare. But it´s not possible against the AI.

AC will have some kind of career it seems and maybe that PCars project that just never seem to be ready for launch.

We will just have to wait and see if PCars fairs any better than any other console designed race game. I hope it does but I fear it too wants quantity and prettiness over quality.
It's not a "console designed" game. If anything, it's "PC designed". It was conceived on the PC, the lead platform is PC, it's uncompromisingly using all the capabilities of PCs and the only platform it's being tested on (so far) is PC. It's a cross development project with the additional targets being consoles, and it will be downscaled as required for each of those.

Last edited:
It could go on now if there are new interesting posts on the sim on a regular basis it would get to the front page for sure.
But we are not gong to put it on the front page when all we read is the same thing over and over and over again..
Guys who come to the forum want to read good posts, and not those troll magnet posts
No body will
contribute anything worth while to a thread when there shot down in flames for making an observation.
So this is where it may stay for some time yet..
But yes on release if there is the demand for it it will go on the front page and club racing will start for those who care,
and maybe a league. You never know..:)

I have no news to give. I was hoping to come here to catch up on news as "catching up" on the official forums is not a part time job.
The same very vocal people (less than 10) are posting the same stuff on nearly every site relating to sim racing.
I would like to see an end to the us Vs them attitude that has become common in online gaming.

Look at the animosity between Call of Duty and Battlefield, I watched this happen, both games are now crap when at one time they were both excelent and different.
This is happening to sim racing right now, us Vs them.

Last edited:
I have no news to give. I was hoping to come here to catch up on news as "catching up" on the official forums is not a part time job.
The same very vocal people (less than 10) are posting the same stuff on nearly every site relating to sim racing.
I would like to see an end to the us Vs them attitude that has become common in online gaming.

Look at the animosity between Call of Duty and Battlefield, I watched this happen, both games are now crap when at one time they were both excelent and different.
This is happening to sim racing right now, us Vs them.

Totally agree Mark, for me personally the single worst thing about a Simulation is the community now. It's either brainless bashing or brainless fanboyism. Game A vs Game B when both are excellent. There's a distinct lack of maturity.

Totally agree Mark, for me personally the single worst thing about a Simulation is the community now. It's either brainless bashing or brainless fanboyism. Game A vs Game B when both are excellent. There's a distinct lack of maturity.
Sounds exactly like American politics these days - probably setting the bar very low for others to follow. And no, I don't want to discuss politics - just sayin'.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 355 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.3%