Why is the jitter not fixed yet?

@Mikaela Andersson use an external tool. I use Riva OSD included with MSI afterburner... Ingame limiter does nothing for me... Have to use external tool.

Im on the phone, due to being in a hotel in Belgium for work, so no link but you can Google Afterburner FPS limit for some guides.

Set it at 60. Then ALSO enable ingame vsync...

Already tried Afterburner limiter !

Ok. So it didn't fix the jitters for you? For me it helped a lot but only in new update, since i've tried it before and it didn't work.

The way i did it this time was leave in-game framerate limiter off, then turn on in-game vsync.

Then i would use Afterburner/Riva and set it to limit at exactly 60fps.

Most of my spike jitters are gone by this...

Ok. So it didn't fix the jitters for you? For me it helped a lot but only in new update, since i've tried it before and it didn't work.

The way i did it this time was leave in-game framerate limiter off, then turn on in-game vsync.

Then i would use Afterburner/Riva and set it to limit at exactly 60fps.

Most of my spike jitters are gone by this...

With V-Sync I get terrible screen tearing !

With V-Sync I get terrible screen tearing !

Ok. What is your screen refresh rate? There is a furthering oddity in AC render code that gives tearing even with VSync IF you cap your fps at any number different from your exact screen refresh.

So for me, if i cap at anything other than exact 60 i get tearing WITH vsync too.

So make sure the external fps cap is exactly your screen refresh. You also have to be able to never drop below that... So PC must produce enough frames to stay above screen refresh at all times.

Ok. What is your screen refresh rate? There is a furthering oddity in AC render code that gives tearing even with VSync IF you cap your fps at any number different from your exact screen refresh.

So for me, if i cap at anything other than exact 60 i get tearing WITH vsync too.

So make sure the external fps cap is exactly your screen refresh. You also have to be able to never drop below that... So PC must produce enough frames to stay above screen refresh at all times.

All I know is that it is a Sony Bravia 46" TV with 120Hz :p

Most likely though the "true" refresh rate is 60Hz. To reduce the motion blur problem of LCDs and LEDs most TV's utilize image processing to claim a higher refresh rate (120Hz, 240Hz).
You may already know this... sorry for the interruption.
Yes this is the issue. An fps cap exactly matching your monitors listed rate (or non-interpolated true refresh '120hz' = ~60hz) will not work for everyone, either. Try a range such as 59-63. One of those should do it, also try different software to limit your FPS if it still doesn't work.

Most likely though the "true" refresh rate is 60Hz. To reduce the motion blur problem of LCDs and LEDs most TV's utilize image processing to claim a higher refresh rate (120Hz, 240Hz).
You may already know this... sorry for the interruption.

No problems !
As far as I know all these image processes are turned off in the TVs game mode !

This is one major, major problem I noticed too. I'm sure I have sensitive vision (it's all the acid I guess) but really it seems like sim racers would be ones to notice this more. I'm surprised it's gotten such a pass. I also notice it's better and more consistent overall with 1.3 but still not completely smooth like rfactor with good video drivers. It's frustrating knowing that older sims and FPS games look properly smooth compared to this. There's no way I'd want this in VR for sure. I'd want flawless smooth frames there or else... I can kind of deal with it now on a TV but it's still definitely a degraded visual experience.

And those shadows drawing in a couple hundred meters ahead of you... that's really immersion killing but another topic. Just good grief.

Last edited:
Ι know it's been a loooong time but what about latest AC steam's version 1.16.3?

Do you guys have noticed any "jerkiness"/"jittering" ? Because i do..

My truth: i always had this problem with AC. I never had a butter smooth experience with it (like e.g ACC, rFactor2, R3R etc). The only version that i have a butter smooth experience (this sounds very odd i know) is the old 1.7.1 version !

I have had these problems on 3 different machines, with 5 different gfx-cards and 3 different monitors, ever since the game was released. So it's definately not a hardware issue, it's simply a problem so subtle that most people don't even understand it, because they can't really see it. But for us who do notice it, it's unbearable.

Something in the game apparantly demands that it runs at multiples of 50 hz, in order to run completely smooth. The WRC series has the same issues, but they have to run at multiples of 60 hz.

For obvious reasons, it seems that Kunos never wanted to discuss or acknowledge this in any way.

Running a G-sync monitor with 100.0 fps limiter and then keeping the fps at a steady 100.0 is the best solution for me. That's as good as it gets. YMMV.

Man, every time I think the AC community is hopelessly infested with low-IQ toxic children you people make me realize it's even worse than I thought.
A good thing we have responsible grownups like you then, who can make non-toxic, responsible grownup comments like these.

And thank you for your constructive help in solving my rather frustrating problem.

The biggest problem here is not toxic kids, it's the general attitude that just because you guys don't have a problem, there is no problem. I would love to find a solution, but this just isn't helping.

And for the record, I can handle a sarcastic/funny/smartass comment from @Stereo , as long as he obviously can handle an equal response from me. It still doesn't help much with my problem though. (And yes, I have recently had MY eyes checked and corrected with brand new glasses, so they are not the culprit here.)

It just seems to me to be the wrong thread to ask about a problem that currently exists, since this one is a specific well documented old issue that got fixed. in 2015.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%