Why is religion common within various known right-wing ideologies?

@Hampus Yes to all my questions? The only way I can answer your question is by using the bible which unless you believe in God is kind of pointless. Maybe first thing to work out is why you dont believe in God?
No you can start using logics when answering my questions. Or rationale.
It will make the conversation much simpler.

Why do you believe in a murderer? Why does he have to kill innocent people?

He has absolutely no problems with rape either.
Just pay her father some dollars (or rocks or whatever they used back then)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.
Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT

Why i don´t believe in God or more specifically the Abrahamic god?
Well it´s pretty simple..i realized very early on in my life that it was the biggest lie ever created and it has kept the world´s population narrow-minded, delusional and ignorant.

Instead of worshipping a murderer i decided to simply stay open minded.

You should try it.

Just to say, speaking from a neutral point of view, morale doesn't have anything to do with being sane or insane. Check a dictionary what the term morale means and from where it originates from. What is bad or good, is something we make out in our societies. :)

Beside, religion is a private matter and interpreting "holy writings" word for word has never worked and will never work; they can only give clues. but it is the people who create the standards by which they live their worldly life. Word meanings change over time and holy words are mostly figurative.

Where did i do that? :S

I asked questions, perfectly legitimate questions in my opinion.
Why do we always ignore the elephant in the room?

Because you're mocking people (maybe even insulting, depending on how people understand it). That you're not using the term "insane" doesn't make it better. Stop it or this thread will get locked.

Hampus I asked if you read and understood the whole bible. You said. 'Yes'. Really? Because it doesn't appear you understood it.
Yes i do.

I don´t think you understand the very book you believe in.
Instead you ignore the fact that God is a murderer, a schizofrenic, a psychopath.

And instead you pick out snippets of good messages from it.
Take the bible as a whole and apply rationale to it and you´ll soon find yourself not religious.

Simple question again:

Is there anything, any proof or similar that would make you change your mind about your religion?

If the answer is no then i rest my case and stand by everything written above.

seems you wrote more whilst i was writing sorry. One thing you do have to understand is when those laws were written society was very different. Those laws were required back then. now we are under a new law. basically Love you neighbour. if everyone did that the world would be better.

Because you're mocking people (maybe even insulting, depending on how people understand it). That you're not using the term "insane" doesn't make it better. Stop it or this thread will get locked.
Well first of all it´s my opinion, just as they have their opinion which to me is as outlandish as my claims are to them.

second of all it´s not the goal or intent to mock someone.
I even wrote this, "Serious question, not trying to be condescending on purpose."

seems you wrote more whilst i was writing sorry. One thing you do have to understand is when those laws were written society was very different. Those laws were required back then. now we are under a new law. basically Love you neighbour. if everyone did that the world would be better.
No they weren´t required back then.
It wasn´t required to kill or rape any innocent person. Never has never will.
And you ignore every question i have..

It´s very noticable how you ignore the bad things God did and focus on the good as if nothing happened.
Or simply try to brush it off because he´s all-powerful.

How can murder/rape be acceptable no matter who you are or how powerful you are?
What about the 70,000 people who did nothing towards god, what about their lives?
Do you not care about those people? I think you don´t actually.

I have found real proof that there is a God. I am happy with that. I am constantly checking this. show me proof otherwise.
No that´s not how it works lol.... you show ME proof of god.

If the answer contains something along the lines of "he spoke to me" or "i saw him"
My answer is hallucination.

You simply can´t make a claim and then tell others to disprove or prove it.
That´s simply not how it works.

I´m literally dying over here to know where you "check this constantly" or where the "proof" is.

Well first of all it´s my opinion, just as they have their opinion which to me is as outlandish as my claims are to them.

second of all it´s not the goal or intent to mock someone.
I even wrote this, "Serious question, not trying to be condescending on purpose."

You're entitled to that, of course - yet, try to be more considerate and word your posts more careful. Maybe Grosjean didn't have the intent to take out Alonso & Hamilton in Spa. He did, nevertheless. Intentions are great but what others understand is more important.

I fully accept your standpoint Samuel although I have a different view on religions. But I am not sure about the other person. He seems to be highly skeptical, even hostile towards religion (Christianity in this case) but still speaks like god exists.

So you two speak like God exists. Basically speaking, what kind of being would he be? How would you prove he/she/it exists without referring to a lore book and the traditions that grew from it?

No that´s not how it works lol.... you show ME proof of god.

If the answer contains something along the lines of "he spoke to me" or "i saw him"
My answer is hallucination.

You simply can´t make a claim and then tell others to disprove or prove it.
That´s simply not how it works.

I´m literally dying over here to know where you "check this constantly" or where the "proof" is.
No he hasn't spoken to me and i haven't seen him. The proof for me is all around. The order in the universe the complexity of life.
Also in the bible there are many prophecies which have all come true.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back