Why is it bogus to predict the death of the United States of America?

Lawmakers, aides try to exempt themselves from Obamacare.

Congressional leaders in both parties are engaged in high-level, confidential talks about exempting lawmakers and Capitol Hill aides from the insurance exchanges they are mandated to join as part of President Barack Obama’s health care overhaul, sources in both parties said.
The talks — which involve Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), the Obama administration and other top lawmakers — are extraordinarily sensitive, with both sides acutely aware of the potential for political fallout from giving carve-outs from the hugely controversial law to 535 lawmakers and thousands of their aides. Discussions have stretched out for months, sources said.

A source close to the talks says: “Everyone has to hold hands on this and jump, or nothing is going to get done.”
Yet if Capitol Hill leaders move forward with the plan, they risk being dubbed hypocrites by their political rivals and the American public. By removing themselves from a key Obamacare component, lawmakers and aides would be held to a different standard than the people who put them in power.

There is concern in some quarters that the provision requiring lawmakers and staffers to join the exchanges, if it isn’t revised, could lead to a “brain drain” on Capitol Hill, as several sources close to the talks put it.
The problem stems from whether members and aides set to enter the exchanges would have their health insurance premiums subsidized by their employer — in this case, the federal government. If not, aides and lawmakers in both parties fear that staffers — especially low-paid junior aides — could be hit with thousands of dollars in new health care costs, prompting them to seek jobs elsewhere. Older, more senior staffers could also retire or jump to the private sector rather than face a big financial penalty."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/04/o ... z2RWF8OmpD

It's not just democrats or just republicans, BOTH sides are trying to exempt the selves a d their sides from the affordable healthcare act.(Obamacare) seriously? More political hypocrisy, the lawmaking class continues to try passing legislation that will affect the people and not themselves. Same thing they're trying to go with guns. How much more will we let through? Why are we demoted to second class citizens so the fat cats at the top keep getting fatter? I guess not reading bills comes back to bite you eventually, everyone on Capitol hill is starting to realize just how bad they're making our healthcare system and want to save themselves, **** the people. They're living the new American dream. It used to be that with hard work and perseverance you could achieve anything in this country, the new American dream is to screw over as many people as possible to give yourself an advantage. It's sad.

So,Hampus, Miguel, and anyone reading this that might be able to answer my question.

How long will it be when the United States government declares martial law and the American populace accepts it with open arms?

I can tell you, when a country's government transitions to military rule, then you know the country's fate will be sealed.

We saw martial law in Boston with no official declaration Of it. Didn't stop cops and military from breaking and entering into homes, conducting illegal searches and throwing families into the streets at gunpoint. All that was for a 1 man hunt. With every new tragedy that happens congress pushes their agenda and takes more and more freedoms. The drone program got some light recently but not enough, there's already about 30 test cities (mine being one of them, not thrilled btw) that have started the use of unmanned surveillance drones. It's only a matter of time until a drone strike happens on home soil and is blamed on "right wing patriot domestic terrorists" (ie anyone who speaks agains the government).

"For the children" will be regurgitated even more do than it is today. Fact is they don't give a **** about our kids, their children are perfectly safe behind a legion of armed guards protecting their schools. We're seeing a class divide happening and gaining momentum. The "middle class" is just about extinct, soon it will be the government and the slaves. Once no one can afford food, shelter or healthcare the government will swoop in with promises of security and safety...at the cost of your personal freedoms, liberties and choices. We the people have put ourselves in this mess from sheer apathy. The only way to correct it is to acknowledge our failures and stand up and say enough Is enough.

It baffles me people can watch bill after bill pass that furthers the gap between the government and it's people. We were raised to believe our government is by the people, for the people. That died long ago.

To quote Ben Franklin (AGAIN):

"Those who trade liberty for security deserve neither and will lose both."

For anyone who can't tell, we're in the process of losing both as we speak.

Sorry for the long rant but to answer the origional question, I could see martial law being declared officially within the next say 2-3 years in a major city, my money is on New York, Chicago or LA following another "act of terror" be it legit or staged. The military has been more and more common in the lives of the American people that seeing MP's walking the streets asking for papers will soon become commonplace.

Did anyone go to the Austin GP last year? How many fully uniformed soldiers did you see? I counted between 3-12 per entrance. They weren't really doing anything but making their presence felt and at times barking orders to the people. There were more military there than regular police.

Just now? What a joke. Obama is campaigning again saying we need to shut gitmo down...I seem to recall that was his 08 campaign promise. And that "cop"...that's a perfect example of a racist cop arresting a black man for being black. You can tell he profiled the guy and then when he asks who are you? He makes a point to say the PO-lice. Maybe I read too far into it but had that been me I'd take the cop to court for racist profiling, assault and battery, as well as excerdizing authority without presenting a badge or reading him his Miranda rights. Sickening.

Law enforcement are NOT above the law, they're servants of it.

Supposedly a satellite interview with CNN. Just goes to show what a joke the media is.

b0275c28-cdc9-4642-8697-e1f75078ca75.gif

5a3ac9ac-9c35-4ff2-85b6-40719f4b1fed.gif

8d5514e2-605c-49b9-86b1-8f2fdf60af7d.gif

See if you can figure it out.

Second Amendment rights advocates are fuming today over words from three Democratic state senators caught on tape after Thursday's hearing on the upper chamber's gun control package.

The three female senators, who sound from the recording to be Sen. Loretta Weinberg, Sen. Sandy Cunningham and Sen. Linda Greenstein, are heard discussing the just-closed hearing.

“We needed a bill that was going to confiscate, confiscate, confiscate," said an unknown voice.

Weinberg said she had no idea who said confiscate or in what context, or if it was even a lawmaker. The next voice, which is clearly Weinberg, said, “They want to keep the guns out of the hands of the bad guys, but they don’t have any regulations to do it."

Next up was Cunningham: “They don’t care about the bad guys. All they want to do is have their little guns and do whatever they want with them.”

Then Greenstein: “That’s the line they’ve developed.”

Scott Bach, executive director of the Association of New Jersey Rifle and Pistol Clubs, said the comments are indicative of an extremist mentality.

"We're outraged by this," Bach said. "These are the words of gun ban extremists and unfortunately they have the ear of the Senate president right now. The bill package that is coming up Monday in the full Senate needs to be held."

Reached Friday, Weinberg took issue with the gun advocates and the release of the hot mic recording.

"The advocates would be much better off not inflaming people," she said. "Nothing in this package of bills 'confiscates.' If people want to inflame folks rather than advocating on the reality of the situation, I can't do anything about it."

Asked who used the words "confiscate" on the recording, Weinberg said she has no idea. It could have been a staffer, she said, adding that she has no idea what microphone was still on or who it would have picked up in addition to the three senators.

"All I know is it's not my voice and I don't know who said it or in what context."

Calls to Greenstein and Cunningham were not immediately returned.

Read more at http://www.politickernj.com/back_room/confiscate-confiscate-confiscate#ixzz2TDOCJqAC
or sign up for a free trial of State Street Wire at http://www.politickernj.com/freetrial

Anyone still doubt the anti-gun agenda?

"There is no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is to crack down on criminals. When there aren’t enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking the law. Create a nation of lawbreakers and then you can cash in on the guilt. Now that’s the system!”

Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative's top executive called a "massive and unprecedented intrusion" into how news organizations gather the news.

The records obtained by the Justice Department listed outgoing calls for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, for general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and for the main number for the AP in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP. It was not clear if the records also included incoming calls or the duration of the calls.

In all, the government seized the records for more than 20 separate telephone lines assigned to AP and its journalists in April and May of 2012. The exact number of journalists who used the phone lines during that period is unknown, but more than 100 journalists work in the offices where phone records were targeted, on a wide array of stories about government and other matters.

In a letter of protest sent to Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday, AP President and Chief Executive Officer Gary Pruitt said the government sought and obtained information far beyond anything that could be justified by any specific investigation. He demanded the return of the phone records and destruction of all copies."

Read more: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-obtains-wide-ap-phone-records-probe

So the government is wire tapping phones without warrant or reason,( that they've given, only official comment has been "we don't discuss ongoing criminal investigations") sounds a little familiar.

img_353024.jpg

The Department of Homeland Security has been forced to release a list of keywords and phrases it uses to monitor social networking sites and online media for signs of terrorist or other threats against the U.S.
The intriguing the list includes obvious choices such as 'attack', 'Al Qaeda', 'terrorism' and 'dirty bomb' alongside dozens of seemingly innocent words like 'pork', 'cloud', 'team' and 'Mexico'.
Released under a freedom of information request, the information sheds new light on how government analysts are instructed to patrol the internet searching for domestic and external threats.
The words are included in the department's 2011 'Analyst's Desktop Binder' used by workers at their National Operations Center which instructs workers to identify 'media reports that reflect adversely on DHS and response activities'.
Department chiefs were forced to release the manual following a House hearing over documents obtained through a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit which revealed how analysts monitor social networks and media organisations for comments that 'reflect adversely' on the government.
However they insisted the practice was aimed not at policing the internet for disparaging remarks about the government and signs of general dissent, but to provide awareness of any potential threats.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...want-government-spying-you.html#ixzz2UtIJU2RJ
Full list:

article-2150281-134E3C22000005DC-49_634x882.jpg

article-2150281-134E3C3C000005DC-604_634x788.jpg

article-2150281-134E3CF5000005DC-422_634x788.jpg

What they are not telling you is that now they have the ability to gauge the US populations thoughts on all these subjects.

So basically if a large portion of internet readers don´t buy the vaccination crap for bird flu then they will know that. Among many other things..

They can essentially monitor the populations perception of what´s going on in their country.

Federal Way woman calls 911 during own arrest

5_29c_3.jpg

Federal Way Police are reviewing their use of force during a recent arrest in which a woman diagnosed with cognitive and hearing disabilities was punched several times , while being restrained. Police, in turn, are recommending the woman be charged with felony assault to an officer.

Megan Graham told her story to KIRO 7, her face still black and blue and swollen from the beating.

"I had a concussion. I still have a hard time understanding how things got so out of control, so fast," Graham said. "It was a total lack of communication."

Last Monday, Megan Graham parked her car at a Federal Way apartment complex, where she was planning to visit a friend. She said as she was getting out of her car, she noticed a Federal Way Police car behind her.

"I understood that he saw me using a cell phone," said Graham. "I told the officer I was going to carry my dog thirty feet to a friend's apartment. I told him, hey, you can walk with me," she said.

Graham says because the officer was speaking to her from his running car, she never heard his order to get back into her car. When the officer lunged and grabbed her wrist, she felt she was being attacked.

"I pulled my arm back, grabbed my phone and called 911 to call for help," she said. I told the officer I had mental and hearing disabilities, and didn't understand why he was trying to hurt me."

In 911 recordings obtained by KIRO 7, Graham is heard pleading the dispatcher for help.

"I was hoping other officers would show up to listen and deescalate the situation," Graham said.

In the 911 recording, Graham shouts at the officer: "You attacked me before you said anything! There is no point whatsoever for you to touch me like that, especially with my condition, so how dare you even touch me?"

The officer is clearly heard repeating "You are under arrest."

During the 911 call, another responding officer punched Graham several times in the face, and is heard loudly ordering her repeatedly to stop resisting.

"I am not resisting," replied Graham. Graham says when an officer put his weight on her hip, which she says was previously injured, she reacted by trying to flip over. Federal Way police said she assaulted an officer during that struggle.

"That woman was not resisting, I saw it," said Graham's friend Deborah Fenwick, who saw the takedown. "That woman doesn't have a violent bone in her body. She's got a heart of gold. If she would have understood the officer's commands in the first place, she would have absolutely complied with him," Fenwick said.

In an email to KIRO 7, a Federal Way Police spokesperson provided the officer's narrative of the struggle.

"As the officer approached, Graham squared off against him in a fighter's stance and attempted to strike him with closed fists. (The officer) responded with closed fist strikes to Graham's face which brought her to the ground where she was handcuffed," the officer wrote.

"It was horrible. I just didn't understand any of it, "said Graham, who denies trying to hit the officer. "I told him about my condition. Punching me over and over in the eye is obviously excessive force. He could have handled it a lot differently," Graham said.

Sad to see so many crooked cops nowadays, I have a lot of respect for LEOs but lately every news story is cops beating, shooting and killing civilians calling 911 for help. Not too long ago a company called LETargets unveiled a new product line called the "no more hesitation" series, which consisted of targets depicting children, pregnant women and elderly folks with guns training police officers to "not hesitate" while shooting civilians. Not sure if I posted here at the time but the story broke minstream media and the entire product line was removed from the web completely.

I think the training is to blame at this point, too much emphasis on shoot first ask questions later. Dead men tell no tales. It's sad for the honest officers out there, with so much negative press and actions by crooked cops people lose their faith and trust in the real ones. I barely trust local law enforcement anymore to the point of fearing calling 911 for help. I don't distrust all police but if I call 911 it'll be AFTER the safety/security of my home/family has been established.

Within hours of the disclosure that federal authorities routinely collect data on phone calls Americans make, regardless of whether they have any bearing on a counterterrorism investigation, the Obama administration issued the same platitude it has offered every time President Obama has been caught overreaching in the use of his powers: Terrorists are a real menace and you should just trust us to deal with them because we have internal mechanisms (that we are not going to tell you about) to make sure we do not violate your rights.
Related

U.S. Maintains Vast Database of Phone Calls, Lawmakers Say (June 7, 2013)

Those reassurances have never been persuasive — whether on secret warrants to scoop up a news agency’s phone records or secret orders to kill an American suspected of terrorism — especially coming from a president who once promised transparency and accountability.

The administration has now lost all credibility on this issue. Mr. Obama is proving the truism that the executive branch will use any power it is given and very likely abuse it. That is one reason we have long argued that the Patriot Act, enacted in the heat of fear after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks by members of Congress who mostly had not even read it, was reckless in its assignment of unnecessary and overbroad surveillance powers.

Based on an article in The Guardian published Wednesday night, we now know that the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National Security Agency used the Patriot Act to obtain a secret warrant to compel Verizon’s business services division to turn over data on every single call that went through its system. We know that this particular order was a routine extension of surveillance that has been going on for years, and it seems very likely that it extends beyond Verizon’s business division. There is every reason to believe the federal government has been collecting every bit of information about every American’s phone calls except the words actually exchanged in those calls.

Articles in The Washington Post and The Guardian described a process by which the N.S.A. is also able to capture Internet communications directly from the servers of nine leading American companies. The articles raised questions about whether the N.S.A. separated foreign communications from domestic ones.

A senior administration official quoted in The Times online Thursday afternoon about the Verizon order offered the lame observation that the information does not include the name of any caller, as though there would be the slightest difficulty in matching numbers to names. He said the information “has been a critical tool in protecting the nation from terrorist threats,” because it allows the government “to discover whether known or suspected terrorists have been in contact with other persons who may be engaged in terrorist activities, particularly people located inside the United States.”

Read more: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/07/opinion/president-obamas-dragnet.html?smid=tw-share&_r=1&

Read more about the Gov't seizing Verizon call data:http://m.washingtonpost.com/world/n...656606-ce47-11e2-8845-d970ccb04497_story.html

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back