F1 2010 Why i like this Game:Some experiences

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
B

Bake

• Bake

Hey there!

I read a lot here and in official codemasters forum, and all across the internet, and i was very sceptical if this game would be a good f1-simulation, since grandprix-series.

So, i decided to give it a try, and i have to say, it was worth it!!!

Why? Because most of the rumors and "bugs" are not true, or maybe i got a "clean" version!!

.) Some People cry about the damage-simulation. OK, in original-game-state, it needs a very hard hit to even work, but with that first damage-mod (25%) its far better, you can see wheels,disc-brakes,spoilers and holes in the carosserie of the car, and it looks quite realistic! not what the say "ultra-realistic-damage-simulation", but quite good and with some mod-tweeking and/or a patch its good enough for me!

.) People say, that AI doesnt make mistakes and drive like "on-rail" .... i have my settings at expert, drive with abs ON and traction-controll medium, and AI on Pro (before legend), and i see them crashing, spinning and fighting all the time!! even in a quick-race with 3 rounds!! if you dont believe me, just go a round on track of your choice with heavy rain and you will see (only hard-difficult tested...)

.) The annoying Pit-Bug: first, i was shocked! i raced my first GP, 6th position, goto pit, and....LAST ONE! i searched google, and found a easy work-around till the patch comes: just dont go in pit when they say, just go a round later, so no problem!

Graphics are just AWESOME on PC, and rain-races are completely eye-astunning in my opinion...you can even see the rain tearing back the car, very cool!!

Dissapointings are the wanna-be "interactive-career-mode", with that annoying interviews and that much talking-nonsense like in dirt....

But, to be straight: If codemasters brings out some patches who improve the worst things, its the BEST F1-Racer out there, if you are not the complete simulation-freak!! if so, go for Rfactor or back to gp4 ;)

So, what do you think?!

Ok, first and last warning people. Anybody continueing with insults towards eachother will receive an infraction, and as we all know infractions eventually lead to a permanent removal if it continues.

Please get your acts together and discuss this issue in a normal way without swearing.

iF1Nut if nobody complained about the bad things in games, they wouldn't get fixed. We don't hate this game. We like this game for the potential of what it can be, but we hate what it is right now. The more people tell the devs what's wrong with it, the quicker it will get fixed.
Also this site is a community for modders, as it seems. If modders see many people complaining about something, say, too much grip, they go and make a mod as a temporary fix for it. If you want conformity, go live in China or something.

I love this game, period. Yes there are a few things that have been mentioned over and over again that should be fixed, but it doesn't stop me from loving this game nor does it give me the right to rant. The feeling of a fast hotlap, the 2 second gain from a self selected tune, winning a race when starting from mid-field and most of all 2010 tracks with 2010 drivers... SIMPLY AWESOME TO ME!!!

However, nothings perfect of course... I would also love a better celebration at conclusion or to see splits from leader and who's in front of you, or most importantly the pitstop bug. Maybe they'll patch or maybe they'll be in the next release, but iF1Nut to the core, period!

The last thing I'm wanting to do is fight, that's not why I'm here. If you'll note, that was my very first post because it was just that annoying. I read these posts to learn things about the game and what others are experiencing. I love the game, bugs and all because it's all we have on the 360 right now. I'm not sure who "we" are, but Mr. White words would never motivate me to fix anything. Simply put, no matter who you wish to blame for the flaws in the game the company deserves respect of a community that willing to help and communicate flaws rather than act childish and waste the time of others wishing to really get something out of this forum. All I'm saying is to exercise a little restraint when someone is simply trying to communicate and receive feedback from others.

No offense mate but I was just wondering... Do you think Codemasters wants people modding their game like it's being? I know that's a whole other debate and one I want no part of, but think about it... So let's enjoy what we can and hope there'll be a fix for what we can't.

• Stephen White

Maybe you should think through where you are posting...we are playing rfactor, iracing, and GTR Evo and Race On - on high end PC machines...you can download a myriad of mods here. This is where you come to find mods, to be honest.

Who frankly cares if Codemasters doesn't want their game modded? Your on an xbox, are you even using a wheel?

I am going to repeat it for you, what could be a great game sucks. Dirt2 is a better online racing experience then F1 2010 on the PC, both in the quality of racing and the amount of people playing it.

I didn't spend $350 on a g27 and 3k on a gaming machine to run down to the senna esses in the lead of the race only to get t-boned into the wall from behind then have the stupid idiotic AI award me with a 10 second penalty on top of it.

There are too many bugs that cumulatively make the game at the moment a FAIL. let's hope they fix it.

But I repeat, and on some level I hope you don't like it, I think the game sucks. That's my opinion. Sue me.

there seems to be alot of testosterone flying around this topic the game does have bugs and to be honest i like it the game that is not the bugs but everyone is entitled to their opinion and i always listen to them i know there are people out there who dont like the game and well thats fine but the insults are abit much cant we all just get along it is only a game after all

Maybe you should think through where you are posting...we are playing rfactor, iracing, and GTR Evo and Race On - on high end PC machines...you can download a myriad of mods here. This is where you come to find mods, to be honest.

Who frankly cares if Codemasters doesn't want their game modded? Your on an xbox, are you even using a wheel?

I am going to repeat it for you, what could be a great game sucks. Dirt2 is a better online racing experience then F1 2010 on the PC, both in the quality of racing and the amount of people playing it.

I didn't spend $350 on a g27 and 3k on a gaming machine to run down to the senna esses in the lead of the race only to get t-boned into the wall from behind then have the stupid idiotic AI award me with a 10 second penalty on top of it.

There are too many bugs that cumulatively make the game at the moment a FAIL. let's hope they fix it.

But I repeat, and on some level I hope you don't like it, I think the game sucks. That's my opinion. Sue me.

I think you missed my point on the modding, and I'll repeat, I'm not going there. Your forth paragraph was the best thing you've said this whole thread even if I don't agree, well put. If you can spend that much on a PC, wheel, etc... then I assume your no child so why act like one is all I'm saying. The thread originator didn't ask for all that. As for why I'm allowing this to continue... well everyone likes teasing the easily angered :) so if being a "serious" sim racer on a PC make you like this, then I'll stick to the 360/PS3.

If someone buys your product and comes short of his expectation, he or she has every right in the world to complain and rant.

Ya know what, technically you are right. Why not try this little test the next time they get your order wrong at the drive thru... Walk back into the store, confront the first employee you see and begin tearing them a new bu77hole. I mean let them have it until you feel better. Then tell them to effing fix it....

All I know is I wouldn't eat what they gave me next ;) Think man, think. Yes you have the right but ultimately is that going to help you in the end... No!

Now please, back to the topic....

Ya know what, technically you are right. Why not try this little test the next time they get your order wrong at the drive thru... Walk back into the store, confront the first employee you see and begin tearing them a new bu77hole. I mean let them have it until you feel better. Then tell them to effing fix it....

All I know is I wouldn't eat what they gave me next ;) Think man, think. Yes you have the right but ultimately is that going to help you in the end... No!

Now please, back to the topic....

Alright then, come around my house and purchase my brand new awesome telescope for 350 dollars.
When you leave with my old, bad, battered telescope with a rubbish tripod, do not come back complaining.

Of course I would damn well go back and ask for the correct thing I asked for. As I said, if you're okay with being told what to do, how to feel, what to wear and not complain, go live in North Korea or something...

Also I take from your posts you're american. Weird how this all coming from someone who should be well acquainted with the 1st amendment.

iF1Nut said:
I love this game, period.

And that's great. Honestly, it is... no sarcasm intended. No-one here is disputing the fact that you love the game, and no-one is saying that you should not like the game. What some of us are saying is that we don't like the game, or that we don't like certain aspects of it. You come here to post your opinion, we come here to post ours. We both have that right, regardless of whether you agree with us or we agree with you. Its that simple.

iF1Nut said:
Simply put, no matter who you wish to blame for the flaws in the game the company deserves respect of a community that willing to help and communicate flaws rather than act childish and waste the time of others wishing to really get something out of this forum.

Wrong. Respect is earned, not automatic. Any company that releases an obviously flawed game onto the market is not deserving of a great deal of respect, in my opinion. Broken products make people angry, whether that be a game, a TV set, or a washing machine. They have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of their actions.

As for the rest of that comment, a FORUM by its very definition is a place for discussion. RD isn't a place for fanatical fanboys, nor is it a place for people who post profanity-ridden complaints about every game they play. Its a place for people to discuss games and post their opinions, both positive and negative. If you cannot handle opinions that differ from your own, then perhaps internet forums are not the place for you.

iF1Nut said:
All I'm saying is to exercise a little restraint when someone is simply trying to communicate and receive feedback from others.

Feedback is exactly what the OP got. You don't get to decide what kind of feedback you get on a public forum though. Live with it.

The only area in which we are in slight agreement is the idea of restraint. It drives me mad when I see complaint posts that are full of CAPS and cursing and flaming, etc. Negative comments and anger can easily be conveyed without resorting to those methods. On the other hand, its also drives me mad when people keep telling complainers to shut up all the time. Consumers have a right to complain, as long as they do it in a civil manner.

Restraint, respect, and understanding on both sides would go a long, long way.

Alright then, come around my house and purchase my brand new awesome telescope for 350 dollars.
When you leave with my old, bad, battered telescope with a rubbish tripod, do not come back complaining.

Of course I would damn well go back and ask for the correct thing I asked for. As I said, if you're okay with being told what to do, how to feel, what to wear and not complain, go live in North Korea or something...

Also I take from your posts you're american. Weird how this all coming from someone who should be well acquainted with the 1st amendment.

Are you even reading my posts before you try and fire back? I never said don't complain. Notice how you said you'd go back and ASK for the correct thing. That doesn't sound like ranting, which is what I'm talking about; not complaining or having an opinion. You keep saying go to North Korea or China and that also leads me to believe that your not truly reading and understanding my point. But, at this point I don't think you're even trying, so....

Yes, from America but what's your point because the 1st amendment rights are at debate here. As a matter of fact we can be some of the rudest asses on the face, so an American getting on to you about being rude should make you think. Matter fact why are we debating anyway. Here it is... 1 guys starts a post about how and why he likes the game. 1 guys basically slams his logic in a childish and unproductive way. I commented on the childishness and then you chime in. What gives, can't you let it go or do you have last word issues too. Now, again, back to the topic or must we get infractions before you'll stop. Please!?:letsgoracing:

• Stephen White

Why don't you go back and re-read your first post to me. I've given you frankly about 1/8th of what you deserve, and to call me childish in the face of how you have engaged this forum with your 7 posts is the absolute pinnacle of absurdity. You're not talking about the game kid, you're opining about every thing BUT the game.

Someone never taught you when to shut up.

well said so lets get back to some positives about the game i do like the game even if there is a slight issue about glitches and bugs but as someone else said on this thread somewhere before me some of the bugs like the pit stop can be avoided i notice that if i pit in a lap before or after my set pit stop i can avoid being caught in my pit lane while everyone else overtakes me.

Also i have heard of some people complaining of punctures but i have only suffered from this about 3 maybe 4 times in 12 races i have played on in career and i notice that a flashback sometimes delays the problem usually i dont like using them personal choice but i do use one on the off chance that i do get a flat.

The AI qualys are something the devs are going to have to work on as the cars on the track in qualys are there just for show and lap times are randomised or something like that.

Also the fact that the AI arent weighed down by fuel load is a slight problem too but i play on intermediate and i very rarely finish under the top 10 mark with my lotus and im not the strongest driver and the fact that the AI is fast just makes me want to go faster too and push myself to be better.

There are a few issuses that need to be addressed but some can be rectified also on the pit stop bug i dont really know how thats a bug does this not happen in real life where the driver gets stuck in the pit because other drivers are out faster.

Anyway on the whole the game is good so problems to speak of but overall not bad visually good sounds good plays well and i like it and maybe CMs can rectify the bugs and glitches and make it even better

Why don't you go back and re-read your first post to me. I've given you frankly about 1/8th of what you deserve, and to call me childish in the face of how you have engaged this forum with your 7 posts is the absolute pinnacle of absurdity. You're not talking about the game kid, you're opining about every thing BUT the game.

Someone never taught you when to shut up.

I did and it wasn't about the game at all, but it wasn't meant to be. It was intentionally directed at you and your response. Don't give me nothing I don't deserve, so fire away! Thru my posts I have talked about the game and how I feel about it and would like to continue but you and MADSc.. won't let it go and like I said everyone like upsetting those easily upsetted. I have now twice asked nicely for you two to let this go, but you won't. I even said please. Your rude and I'm not and I think that since I have yet to restort to name calling it bothers you. And... your right I was never taught to shut up. Anything else? Or, can we get back to the topic FOR THE 3RD TIME! I'll even reserve a parting shot :)

• Stephen White

Your rude and I'm not and I think that since I have yet to restort to name calling it bothers you.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple. If that gets me banned from the site so be it. This is one of those situations where it has to be called like it is.

You are a complete and total moron.

And that's great. Honestly, it is... no sarcasm intended. No-one here is disputing the fact that you love the game, and no-one is saying that you should not like the game. What some of us are saying is that we don't like the game, or that we don't like certain aspects of it. You come here to post your opinion, we come here to post ours. We both have that right, regardless of whether you agree with us or we agree with you. Its that simple.

Aren't there already a bunch of threads talking about how people DON'T like the game. The guys was just being positive or did you not get that. Have your opinion, just post it in the right place is all I'm getting at.

Wrong. Respect is earned, not automatic. Any company that releases an obviously flawed game onto the market is not deserving of a great deal of respect, in my opinion. Broken products make people angry, whether that be a game, a TV set, or a washing machine. They have to be prepared to deal with the consequences of their actions.

Ok how about common decency. Do you like that term better. Or do you fly off the handle whenever anything you buy is broken or flawed. The consequences should be a refund or to sue if you so wish. You can't believe that flying off the handle is the way all the time.

As for the rest of that comment, a FORUM by its very definition is a place for discussion. RD isn't a place for fanatical fanboys, nor is it a place for people who post profanity-ridden complaints about every game they play.

Seems we are somewhat in agreement and I don't feel I'm any F1 2010 fanboy, however I'm most certainly an F1 fanboy.

Its a place for people to discuss games and post their opinions, both positive and negative. If you cannot handle opinions that differ from your own, then perhaps internet forums are not the place for you.

Understood, but negative with being plan rude is stupid, as you just agreed to. I can "handle" any and all of this, so I'll stay Thank you.

Feedback is exactly what the OP got. You don't get to decide what kind of feedback you get on a public forum though. Live with it.

I guess ultimately your right, but what good is feedback if by the time you get past all the whining you don't care what the person said in the first place?

The only area in which we are in slight agreement is the idea of restraint. It drives me mad when I see complaint posts that are full of CAPS and cursing and flaming, etc. Negative comments and anger can easily be conveyed without resorting to those methods. On the other hand, its also drives me mad when people keep telling complainers to shut up all the time. Consumers have a right to complain, as long as they do it in a civil manner.

I think we're in full agreement on this one. I can be big enough to admit that my response was directly realted to the annoyance. Obvisouly, as you admit, you are annoyed by it too. I just lost a little restaint myself. But, it comes down to this. Why would anyone new feel comfortable by posting something positive when their first response is made to make them feel a little stupid for liking it and little bit later their flat out called an idiot??? And people want ME to move to N. Korea? And, not to be sarcasitic but didn't you say respect was earned??? Sorry man I'm not trying to start another battle and I can execersise restraint and will as soon as you all let it go and get back to the subject. I did respect Mr. White by not name calling, but like I admited, I did throw shots. MADSc... flat out called Blake (the originator of the thread) an idiot. Yet here you are, trying to set me straight. I still respect you though because I feel like respect comes with decency and is lost thru stupidity or unworthiness. I never meant to fight Blakes fight. But if you guys can't see the stupidity in all this, then you may be a lost cause.
NOW :letsgoracing:!!!!!

• Stephen White

Look up the word "brevity" kid.

Your issue can't be explained to you because you can't effectively communicate to someone that they need to mature, emotional blind spots cannot typically be described to the people that have them, that is why they are called blind spots.

The sheer volume of words you are using here basically speaks volumes as to who you are as a human being. "This game sucks" is not enough of reason to rathole the entire forum...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 250 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%