Why I can't change my controller button mapping anymore?

I've been playing Assetto Corsa for 2 months and didn't changed any of my buttons mapping since. recently I want to change my button mapping but the game doesn't detect any button I press, when I'm in a session my controller works fine using the old mapping. so now i can't change any of my button mapping. any idea how to fix this?

how do I check those?
  • I hope that you know whether you use Content Manager..
  • In Content Manager, at the bottom of the Settings->ASSETTO CORSA screen, there is a [Save preset] button just right of named presets pulldown:
    preset.gif
  • then , in DRIVE, there is a check box on the left for Car-specific controls, and again at the bottom, the named presets pulldown and [Save preset] button
  • If the Car-specific controls box is checked, then it uses the selected preset, instead of what may have been more recently set elsewhere.

• I hope that you know whether you use Content Manager..
  • In Content Manager, at the bottom of the Settings->ASSETTO CORSA screen, there is a [Save preset] button just right of named presets pulldown:View attachment 430621
  • then , in DRIVE, there is a check box on the left for Car-specific controls, and again at the bottom, the named presets pulldown and [Save preset] button
  • If the Car-specific controls box is checked, then it uses the selected preset, instead of what may have been more recently set elsewhere.
the car specific control box is not on.
I've made new presets but it still doesn't let me change my controller configuration so I don't think that's the problem. the game just doesn't detect the button I press when I'm changing the buttons

also yes I use Content Manager... should've said that earlier

it still doesn't let me change my controller configuration

Sorry, that was my best shot, and I now use a wheel with no buttons.
One nuclear option is to try re-running configuration wizard, which I guess is only possible
when launching Assetto Corsa directly, without Content Manager.

In fact, I had to invoke configuration wizard today, when simply switching from one car mod back to an official AC car. FWIW, configuration wizard fails for AccuForce, perhaps because I must use a button from another device; I have to quit the wizard, then manually set wheel, pedals and shifters, but that did restore their operation in game.

Last edited:
I've been playing Assetto Corsa for 2 months and didn't changed any of my buttons mapping since. recently I want to change my button mapping but the game doesn't detect any button I press, when I'm in a session my controller works fine using the old mapping. so now i can't change any of my button mapping. any idea how to fix this?
I just got the game recently on sale and I've had this issue right off that bat. Have you found a fix at all?

hey i just fixed mine. i use a ps5 controller and I installed ds4 windows and it just recognizes the controller as an xbox one but at least it lets you map the buttons. And if you play PC games with a controller this usually happens anyways so you will get used to it.

The button mapping issue is caused by content manager. If you go to the vanilla laucher and edit bindings from there, it will work. I just bought a G920 today and this was my fix. I noticed that this also works for the XBox mapping issue too, which led me to try it with the wheel. Edit mappings and bindings from Vanilla, save the configuration in Vanilla, test in Vanilla (should it work) and viola, you have successfully edited the mappings.

The button mapping issue is caused by content manager. If you go to the vanilla laucher and edit bindings from there, it will work. I just bought a G920 today and this was my fix. I noticed that this also works for the XBox mapping issue too, which led me to try it with the wheel. Edit mappings and bindings from Vanilla, save the configuration in Vanilla, test in Vanilla (should it work) and viola, you have successfully edited the mappings.
Is there any way to do this with an Xbox One controller? The Vanilla system seems to only recognize 360 controllers, while Content Manager correctly identifies my Xbox One controller, as well as that I'm pressing buttons, it just misses the whole, actually binding keys the way I'm telling it to

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 319 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%