Why Formula E is so appealing

A repeat of another of my posts but I like to give everyone the joy of my opinion. :)

I hope this series dies away. Sorry, but I am a petrolhead and dispise all this planet saving eco racing crud. I attend the TT every year but I go to the pub when the electric TT starts. I detest it with a passion. We should not encourage it by supporting it in any way.

Long live the internal combustion engine, the sounds and the smells and all the turmoil and all the planet destroying green house gases it can make.

Remember, this is my opinion folks. You are entitled to yours when you read mine. ;)

If Formula-E can help drive the development of batteries and electric vehicles while making electric cars cool to the general public (that does not include you @Andy Jackson ;)) then I'm all for it! I love the sound of a high performance V8 guzzling petrol like it's nobody's business, but it's not a sustainable future forever.

They will never be cool Kjell. ;) It's like trying to make a politician look cool. Impossible. :)

I know it won't last forever Kjell, but hell we can run wild while we are still here. To hell with the future, let the world start over again once we are all gone. It will be better for it. LIVE FOR TODAY. ;)

They will never be cool Kjell. ;) It's like trying to make a politician look cool. Impossible. :)

I know it won't last forever Kjell, but hell we can run wild while we are still here. To hell with the future, let the world start over again once we are all gone. It will be better for it. LIVE FOR TODAY. ;)
tesla andy.jpg

Wouldn't it be ironic if there was ONLY electric cars when the world resets itself...

I do agree with the unfortunate tracks, but I believe the reason for the layouts is the quick succession accelerate-brake. With the regenerative engines this makes one battery last half a race. Put those cars in Spa (or any long straight / high speed turn circuit) and very likely they will deplete the charge in 4-5 laps, which completely kills the racing.

What I do like is:
- its new, and probably the shape of things to come
- even field, F1 of late years is awful because the complete dominance of this or that team. Sure, this season seems great because the two guys driving a merc are battling each other... wait a minute, two guys. Two guys. That this feels sort of OK just tells what we have gotten used to after the RB years.
- it has a lot of potential to improve, batteries will get better. Perhaps they will replace them with a pack instead of changing car. Perhaps they will last longer and allow classic venues.
- as others noted, it fills the gap of F1 season.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 110 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 209 14.3%