Why don't they fix the collision physics?

This has got to be the quickest win in terms of keeping new players interested in this game. I read over and over again how people rage quit and never play this game again due to this. It's my favourite sim but have had to learn to be patient with it because only then does does the enjoyment overide the frustration. The spin outs from love taps are completely ridiculous and have no place in a game of this quality. For me if this was fixed they'd make even more money but more importantly, I'd be even happier!

Last edited:
If people are rage quitting and never playing again because they get spun by a "love tap", then I think they need some anger management in order to learn to calm down and keep things in perspective. :O_o:

If people are rage quitting and never playing again because they get spun by a "love tap", then I think they need some anger management in order to learn to calm down and keep things in perspective. :O_o:
There's that. :roflmao:
But the collision-physics in R3E is arguably its weakest point.
It varies a bit from class to class though. GTR3s, Audi TTs, Formula Jr, are all fine (or at least acceptable).
P1, KTM Xbow and GTOs are rolling death-traps. :D
AFAIK S3 is working on it, and the 'magnetic-wheels collision', but one problem is that they're having a hard time reproducing it consistently. Which makes bug-hunting something of a bi...female dog.

Agree that it's more annoying some mods than others. I did a Touring Classic race that was fine. Group 5 was a nightmare, I thought I was crazy. But honestly, I feel like most sims make it punishing to the player to rear end AI cars. How freaking often do you see IRL guys plowing thru other cars from behind and winning races. In sims, you either spin right out or like SMS games, the cars get glues together.
Conversely, I did a WTCC race weekend last night and it was heavenly, I was able to punt guys off like Matt Neal!!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back