F1 2010 Why don't modders make new tracks??

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Well guys! There are many good mods for F12010 but I am really disappointed because there aren't any addon tracks for this game! :( I would like to drive on A1 Ring, Magny-course, Donington and other great tracks very much! It would be great! But modding groups don't make any addon tracks! Why?!

Greed makes the world go round... of course we need more tracks
suspect.gif

I think the fundamental question here is "why have modders not been able to add new tracks to F1 2010, and does such a possibility exist?". Having enough tracks for other games has never stopped people from making new ones. If this game turns out to be a classic for years to come will anyone figure out how to add tracks to spice it up?

I tried making just a short straight for rFactor (with a view to eventually learning how to build a track), with all the help that is out there on the net... most of it went over my head... total failure, after a week I gave up on the idea.

I dread to think how complicated & the amount of work involved it would take to make a track for this game, even if CM did put out the neccessary tools/knowledge/tips etc... which they aint gonna do, & wwith a new realease every year I cant really see it happening.

Although it would be lovely if some brainiac figured it out & started putting out tracks that individuals wanted to see... oh well, back to reality
comp26.gif

Rather than making from scratch, it would be cool to make 1 huge composite track made up of the best sections from each existing track. Be like driving through a F1 season montage!

That would be coooool :D

(yes i am in one of 'those' moods today!) :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 114 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 88 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.5%