Why doesn't more women drive racecars?

Wow... I think you guys might be forgetting to add the words "in general"...

And I'm pretty sure that women who like racing and have that as a passion are not nervous when they drive and are probably pretty good at getting a car around :)

But then, if they don't care about cars, that's where you can have your prejudices about women and driving, but the same could apply for men... It's just that "in general", men like cars, but even then some have their confidence higher than their skill level...

Because they belong somewhere else. :D
(it would be incredibly sexist if I posted what I'm thinking, but it begins with "k")

Lol! I only wish my gf would spend more in the kitchen than behind the wheel on my sims( kidding) i don't like sleeping on our sofa lol!. She's not the greatest cook and she will admit it. I'm the cook at home.

My girlfriend works with kids, she has a lot of contact with children and with pupils.

When they are in 1st degree (6 years old) and you ask them about their favourite colors, every kid has a different one, and you can't discriminate their preferences by sex.

When they are in 4th or 5th (9-10 years old), while all the boys still have very different tastes regarding colors, the favourite color for 90% of the girls is pink.

Why? Education: at home, school, groups, etc. boys are oriented towards activities, sports, risk, challenge, while girls are oriented to the kit... to "girl things" like being pretty, "feminile".

To consider a man successful and respected, being handsome it's a bonus, and you see a lot of ugly men considered atractive and desired by many woman.

To consider a woman succesful and respected, being pretty is almost a requirement. If they are not pretty they are not considered attractive despite how brilliant they are... so that puts a lot of pressure in them about their image and therefore leads them to take more care about how they look and not about what they want to do. Nobody wants to date a Tomboy :rolleyes: .

funny-date-girl-guy-true-story-meme.jpg

Women are more interested in human things, men are more interested in technical things. And it's not just about studies, I know that because I have 2 sisters. I was more interested in cars/planes/ships/spaceships/etc from the start. Not to say wars and dinosaurs LOL.
I could only name a few women I know irl who is interested in motorsports. And then it's usually the drivers not the cars that make it interesting for them:)

Human nature. Why isn´t more men hairdressers or sell wedding dresses for a living? Because it´s generally not in the nature of man to do that.
And usually when they are hairdressers or sell wedding dresses they are borderline women anyways :)

There has been atleast one women in F1 and i think she even won a race.

Human nature. Why isn´t more men hairdressers or sell wedding dresses for a living? Because it´s generally not in the nature of man to do that.
And usually when they are hairdressers or sell wedding dresses they are borderline women anyways :)

There has been atleast one women in F1 and i think she even won a race.
You're too funny man! . Really a woman in F1?

It´s all embedded since we were cavemen really. Men went out and hunted, possibly had to fight for their lives from time to time while the women stayed at home, took care of the children and made food because the man´s energy was drained because he had to run from a bear or something.

I think we will see this "line" blur out as time goes by because now we don´t really have to fear for our lives in the same way or hunt for food in the same way.

There have been 5 female F1 drivers. The best scored 0.5 point between 1974 and 1976 (17 entries, 12 starts). It was Lella Lombardi. The others didn't score any points. She scored her 0.5 point in the Spanish GP of 1975.
lella_lombardi_1974_photo_s.jpg

//edit For some reason i didn't see your last post Hampus...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 174 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 234 13.6%