Why does my steering ratio turn into a bus once I start driving?

I must have something wrong in my setup somewhere - but this seems weird. I'm not sure if this happens in every car, but now that I'm looking for it it seems to be a lot: I'm in the pits and turn my steering wheel, the wheel / driver's hands on screen correlate almost perfectly with my actual wheel movements - so the in-game steering wheel turn ratio pretty much matches my actual wheel. But once I start driving, suddenly the steering ratio becomes like driving a bus - the in-game wheel only turns around half the rotation that I'm actually turning, and the on-center feel gets sloppy. But if I stop, then the wheel position matches up again and the on-center dead zone tightens up. Wheel calibration seems fine, I've tried re-calibrating it in the game but it didn't change anything. I only seem to have this issue in AC.

To be clear, I'm not talking about the car understeering, it's like the sim registers my steering inputs completely differently when I'm stopped vs once I start driving - even just driving out of the pit lane with the pit speed limiter on.

Is this a known issue with a fix or some configuration option I can tune it out with?

Well, that did help - though surprisingly the speed sensitive steering was only set as 0.05! I wouldn't have expected such a small value to make that kind of difference, but setting it to 0.0 it is much better now. Thanks!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back