Why does AI never push full throttle

I've been using AI Driver in Daytona until i realize i was significantly faster than everyone else, then using Sidekick i saw that the Opponent AI doesn't push full throttle, except my AI Driver. How do i make the Opponent AI push full throttle?

EDIT: You need 100% aggression.
EDIT 2: 100% aggression doesn't push full throttle but is better this time.

Last edited:
Yeah, AI in AC decreases in difficulty by changing the amount of throttle that is applied. I've found this isn't a huge deal overall since the AI makes up for some of the time lost not going full speed with its essentially perfect braking and cornering technique - I'm sure if you've watched a replay with the Pedals window open you've seen how quickly the AI can bounce between gas/brake.

If you want the AI to go full throttle, but still find them too difficult to race against, you can either add ballast to them (will make them go slower through the corners/take longer to reach full speed) or increase the restrictor (AI will still apply full throttle but engine's capabilities will be diminished). This just takes a lot more testing to get right and it's not super consistent across different vehicles (restrictor especially), so I personally don't use it too often. I feel like with the right amount of fiddling, though, you can more accurately simulate human driving foibles as opposed to the regular AI, which is essentially a robot taking it easy on you. :D

Last edited:
Interesting.
However I want to race in Daytona Oval layout, so the braking and cornering technique doesn't apply here.
I also am using AI Driver (letting AI race in place of me) because i like watching some competitive AI Racing.
Should i apply restrictor or ballast on myself? How do i do that? (Using Content Manager)
Thanks for the reply :)

I also am using AI Driver (letting AI race in place of me) because i like watching some competitive AI Racing.
I thought i was the only one that liked watching the ai race.

Sometimes the ai.ini can be tweaked for each car to be faster, but be careful, if you change the data file of a car, you won't be able to use it online. I've started making a copy of the Kunos cars using car tuner and tweaking the copy to my taste.

Fellow AI watcher here, it’s actually pretty relaxing :)
For oval driving, you’ll want to experiment with Restrictor as that will probably be most useful in that situation. Ballast will help too, but the biggest side effect of that in oval racing, at least to my best guess, would be faster tyre wear and higher fuel consumption overall.
You can apply ballast using the AI grid window in CM, the one in which you select the AI skins, names, etc. At the bottom of the window there’s a “my ballast” and “my restrictor” field.
Restrictors aren’t straightforward at all sadly, but here’s a good thread for more info on them: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...llast-or-restrictor-for-custom-series.157834/

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%