Why didn't you stop me...

...from buying F12012 :p The handling is numb and uninspiring at best (IMO ofc).

The main reason for this thread is to remind you all to be grateful and appreciative of GSC 'cause their cars are/feel great!
(Now we just need Admin to give us some club races with strategy involved such as pit stops HINT HINT ;))

Thanks Reiza.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a cheap copy of F1 2102?.....Excellent condition, low klms, no scratches, all original, only driven on weekends.

Until there is a F1 race at Monaco, with a little effort, brazil stock car tracks are perfectly suited :rolleyes: , an imaginary transfer of F1 circus in a Brazil championship :whistling:

Yesterday night I spent 2 hours at velopark with F. Reiza, it was the first time I drove F.Reiza seriously trying to find a suitable setup, well, it is the best F1 I found in a game, not stuck to the ground all time, good FFB etc, just read the manuals F_Reiza_Engineering_Manual_trimmed and Reiza_Aero_Tire_Suspension_theory_trimmed for understand how much there is in the study of physic,
This game is a masterpiece, and it really worth to drive F.Reiza and F3 in the brasilian tracks

Iam a huge F1 fan(I drive only the stock cars and the minis). So the only thing which real is not great about this game is the lack of tracks which are driven by the real F1. And it would be great to have one oval. Not that Iam a nascar fan. But an oval race is realy something special if it isnt to often. And with the identical cars it would be possible to race fair. But the F1 track license is ****ing high. And a quality track isnt made in one day. I just hope there is a guy who could convert somethings. GSC have to be recognized. Its a ****ing nice game.

This game has two problems in my opinion, one is the lack of known international tracks, two is the graphics aren't very good and because of that sometimes we are making some corners almost by instinct, we can't see them clearly. Other than that, it's outstanding. Stock cars, f3, f1, classic f1... It's a real joy, shame we need a lot of time to know the tracks lol The Mini... Didn't make any changement in setup but prefer the iracing's mx5, honestly.

The other problem is i bought FVA, Netkar, GSC and PCars at the same time and it's a nightmare to choose what to play lol

What do you mean via Instinct? I have never played a game with better Graphics than GSC. This is not a praise of gsc. Because I know there are better graphics outside. Like in pcars or so on. So is there an other "seeing feeling"?
You see better? Or cant get your point realy.

best regards.

I used to play iracing for example in a laptop... Graphically it wasn't the best pc possible. After that built a pc for gaming and i can attack corners with more precision, every inch is clear... Purely a graphics difference. I feel a bit the same with GSC, it's not bad but some corners when they are still far aren't as precise as our eyes would want. Of course by instinct is a way of expression, just tryimg to explain what i feel playing it.

...from buying F12012 :p The handling is numb and uninspiring at best (IMO ofc).

The main reason for this thread is to remind you all to be grateful and appreciative of GSC 'cause their cars are/feel great!
(Now we just need Admin to give us some club races with strategy involved such as pit stops HINT HINT ;))

Thanks Reiza.

P.S. Anyone want to buy a cheap copy of F1 2102?.....Excellent condition, low klms, no scratches, all original, only driven on weekends.

F1 2012 is not a simulation, it's a casual fun racing video game with some realistic or semi realistic qualities (like granturismo, forza, project cars, some rally games, some mods for shift series, etc). If you are new to the simracing world I would suggest to you the "true" sims (I say "true" because the word sim gets used and abused wayyyyyy too much now that big companies are starting to use it to advertise their games).

- RFactor (certain mods and controller settings can make it feel either a little awkward or completely amazing, so it's therefore less instant plug and play than some other sims but well worth it)
- Netkar Pro
- Game Stock Car 2012, as you know :)
- Live for Speed
- GTR2 (not the stock content but certain mods)
- iracing
- Race 07 (plus add-ons including GTR Evo, which basically is an add on but it's own product)
- Turismo Caraterra
- GT Legends

For the future:
RFactor 2
Assetto Corsa
And possibly raceroom experience and project cars, depending on just how far they go with the physics. I think both will DEFINETELY be in that middle "converting casual racers to actual sims" range.

Most of those have different tyre models and overall physics engines, ffb systems, etc so they will feel different from one another, have different plus points and minus points over one another, have different "in your hands" feel over one another (due to the actual ffb itself), have different flaws from one another (every sim has flaws, no such thing as perfect physics model of course), etc etc etc

If I owned an actual real life racing team and I had to pick a few of those sims for my team, to use for training not for fun, but as an actual tool, then by far the ones that seem the most almost industrial/professional like would easily be rFactor 2 (although still not even close to final release, the physics already feel amazing, other than some oversteer issues that are a little harder to control than they should be), Game Stock Car 2012, and Netkar Pro. MAYBE iracing aswell, but my feelings always change on that game, depending on the car, the track, what I had for breakfast that morning :) etc. Plus, Iracing started feeling so dull and lifeless after playing more and more of rFactor 2.

The other problem is i bought FVA, Netkar, GSC and PCars at the same time and it's a nightmare to choose what to play lol

FVA has 3 nice tracks but his F1 is "seat and drive" because there is the choose among, if I remember well, 3 setups.
Instead for to have the better from F.Reiza, it needs study the manual setup. F.Reiza is also more challenging to drive and also under braking, also with high downforce setup it needs attention at low speed with throttle, FVA is more stuck

Netkar is good but there are some small things I don't like

Pcars, I don't have it

FVA has 3 nice tracks but his F1 is "seat and drive" because there is the choose among, if I remember well, 3 setups.
Instead for to have the better from F.Reiza, it needs study the manual setup. F.Reiza is also more challenging to drive and also under braking, also with high downforce setup it needs attention at low speed with throttle, FVA is more stuck

Netkar is good but there are some small things I don't like

Pcars, I don't have it

I never drove an F1 car but already drove an F3000(at Abu Dhabi) and from what i can imagine the FVA F1 is the closest experience you can have of driving an F1 car. Really like the the feeling, the waiting for the momentum... It's difficult but not so difficult. I think some games are just more difficult than reallity and here i'm talking specifficlay about iRacing. My F3000 experience where i really tried to brake at the limits and so was a lot easier than my first iracing experience. Don't think reallity is that difficult.

But, please tell me, Reiza has a setup manual?

I never drove an F1 car but already drove an F3000(at Abu Dhabi) and from what i can imagine the FVA F1 is the closest experience you can have of driving an F1 car. Really like the the feeling, the waiting for the momentum... It's difficult but not so difficult. I think some games are just more difficult than reallity and here i'm talking specifficlay about iRacing. My F3000 experience where i really tried to brake at the limits and so was a lot easier than my first iracing experience. Don't think reallity is that difficult.

But, please tell me, Reiza has a setup manual?

Ya but I bet you were further off the best times in real life than in iracing.

FVA is too planted and feels too basic compared to Netkar pro, I think Kunos made FVA easier because it was a Ferrari game maybe, it feels much less sophisticated than Netkar Pro.

Simply put, it feels more dumbed down.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 83 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing