Why Automobilista has outdated graphics?!

Seriously guys, i would lovely buy this game and i know it's amazing! But the graphics engine is outdated as hell... It's something like 15-20 years old but with higher quality textures.. It destroys any kind of immersion.... :-(

AMS_Mini_Curitiba_edited.jpg

for example this on my Eizo I use for work and to my eyes looks better .. without really changing colors (no changes to relation of R-G-B in colors) .. but on my gaming "cheap' IPS panel looks worse :) ... eyes, screens, tastes ..

Last edited:
Wow - so much discussion over the current quality of different sims.

I thought this sim was absolutely fantastic at the time:
F1GP_3[1].png

It got just about EVERYTHING right.
My brain never worried for a moment that the sponsor stickers were missing, or the lines weren't smooth, or etc etc etc. The race experience was all that mattered.

Today I think AMS is absolutely fantastic at this time, and it also gets just about everything right.
The graphics will do for me, they are in fact ASTOUNDING compared to the above picture, and I don't need to waste any brainpower worrying about it - the race experience is still all that matters.

Guys, behave please. REM1976 has made his point in a dignified manor and I have no problem with healthy debate.

I see your point and where you are coming from, and even agree to some degree. It does seem a bit like you want everything to look overcast though to a degree. Lighting conditions do vary a lot from Europe to the Tropics. When I went to Brazil, I was genuinely surprised at just how almost radioactive things could be, and that's rarely captured in a picture.

That's not to say things should be like that everywhere.

Wow - so much discussion over the current quality of different sims.

I thought this sim was absolutely fantastic at the time:
View attachment 150643
It got just about EVERYTHING right.
My brain never worried for a moment that the sponsor stickers were missing, or the lines weren't smooth, or etc etc etc. The race experience was all that mattered.

Today I think AMS is absolutely fantastic at this time, and it also gets just about everything right.
The graphics will do for me, they are in fact ASTOUNDING compared to the above picture, and I don't need to waste any brainpower worrying about it - the race experience is still all that matters.
Totally agree. F1GP was astonishing. I could recognise real circuits from just the corners.

Totally agree. F1GP was astonishing. I could recognise real circuits from just the corners.
Yes, and looking again at that picture, even now I can easily see that it's a Tyrrell and Dallara up ahead, and in my mirrors I see a Larrousse and Ligier. Happy days.

Growing older has it's disadvantages obviously, but one of the advantages is being able to appreciate (and be gobsmacked by) the levels of technology we are now seeing LOL.

Last edited:
Granted I am 40 years old, but I can see no difference there whatsoever!
:) there you go .. on gaming screen I see little difference on screen that covers 100% of AdobeRGB I see quite significant diference ... I`m 31 .. working in photography instrustry with colors ... according to tests with above average sensitivity to colors (basically how much shades of colors can you see and how accurately can you sort them on the color scale from RED to RED .. through pink, purple, blue, cyan, green, yellow, orange color shades ) :)

:) there you go .. on gaming screen I see little difference on screen that covers 100% of AdobeRGB I see quite significant diference ... I`m 31 .. working in photography instrustry with colors ... according to tests with above average sensitivity to color (basically how much shades of colors can you see and how accurately can you sort them on the color scale from RED to RED .. through pink, purple, blue, cyan, green, yellow, orange color shades ) :)
Fair point! Amazing job you have, well done!

Is there no moderation of his posts then? Posts such as:

"you then go and try to play the victim card. Give us a break and grow a pair."
"Reported" me? For what? Disagreeing with your bullshit and for not pretending to ignore that you're here just to stir trouble? I feel entitle to a reward then. :whistling: And if I may say... It just goes to show how much in character you lack. Call you mamma for all I care."

Are my comments on the AMS colour selection open to this abuse?

Is it because he is a premium member, he is allowed abuse anyone who posts here?

You confuse me for a moderator. I asked for calm in general.

My humble two cents: it is quite amazing how Reiza has improved graphics in AMS. When playing, it looks quite great.

It is true though, the engine is a bit dated. Specifically, I think the shortcomings are in lighting and shading, and Reiza has done a LOT to try to go around those issues.

It is a delicate balance. If you go too vibrant, it could look unrealistic. If you go less vibrant, it could look dull, and overcasted.

I think Reiza has found a sweetspot with the current iteration.

"Reported" me? For what? Disagreeing with your bullshit and for not pretending and ignore that you're here just to stir trouble? I feel entitle to a reward then. :whistling:

And if I may say... It just goes to show how much in character you lack. Call you mamma for all I care.
Mod Edit: Threatening fellow users with physical violence is a serious breach of rules. See you in two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not what I was referring to and you know it. You were saying that back then, good graphics weren't required. My point is that they are expected now.

I never once mentioned "back then"; I was comparing AMS to AC and PCars, which look good but are both a bit over-realistic for my taste and my eyes. And no, other than being antagonistic for the sake of it, I have no idea what you were referring to. But OK, REM1976, since this seems to be important to you: you win.

I never once mentioned "back then"; I was comparing AMS to AC and PCars, which look good but are both a bit over-realistic for my taste and my eyes. And no, other than being antagonistic for the sake of it, I have no idea what you were referring to. But OK, REM1976, since this seems to be important to you: you win.
"over realistic"? Ok, I think maybe you should exclude yourself from this discussion please

Reactions: hex
Honestly, I cant see the point on this whole discussion.
All users that play the Reiza Sims for some time now, know that from day 1 of AMS the graphics engine was supposed to be this one. And the next game, Reiza17, the one to have most of the current graphics features, or whatever is called.

So the question (or any similar question) "why the graphics looks so outdated" to me feels like, why the questions are so outdated? :D

The discussion is about the graphical differences between AMS and the big selling sim racers. Describing something as "over realistic" sounds ridiculous, hence you have no part to play in the discussion. I don't see why that is offensive or ageist. It is similar to me commenting about Vietnamese cooking, I know nothing about it and my opinion on it should be rightfully ignored.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%