Why aren't there any authentic F1 steering wheels and pedals manufactured?

The steering wheel sets, especially the ones manufactured by Logitech, are great and all, but no one has made a steering wheel similar to that used by F1 cars. Which, obviously to many of the racing community, has the following:

-hand clutch
-wing switches mapped to certain functions
-paddles(of course)
-pit limiter
-and many more that I myself am unaware of.

It would be cool, but most likely unnecessary considering the radical changes they make in F1 every 3-6 years.

Bottom line is: like F1 drivers, we also look for authentic F1 manoeuvring similar to real F1 sims.

I'd say it's because there is little demand for such a specialized product. The f1 wheel is pretty much only practical for open wheel racing simulators. Whereas the regular racing wheel, with many adjustable options caters to the needs of the f1 sim drivers. I think if you just get a good wheel to begin with, that has the features to cater to your racing game, then you can do whatever you want with your creativity to enhance your experience. I'm not sure why you're looking for a pit limiter button seeing as how you can configure any button on your controller to be that button or if you use a pc, you can make a button box or a custom wheel, or even buy them made.

Upvote 0
Well, you can look thru this thread from Will http://www.racedepartment.com/sim-racing-hardware/37733-my-new-f1-gt-wheels.html I did those, and then there are some pics of other wheels have done further down. but if you have an idea on a wheel, i can try and draw it up for you. All the wheels in the pics were taken from pics of real wheels.
I dont presently do the paddles and such, just the wheels to connect to g25/27. If your looking for something like that, you may want to check out Cubes wheels, He has a thread in this section also.
Maybe a cpl options you havent seen.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back