Why are you playing AC and not playing ACC

1. variety of cars and tracks (i absolutly dislike driving the same car or even class again and again. So i have 45 custom championships created in AC with all kinds what motorsport can offer.

2. with my t300 ACC feels just boring (However the experience from other users changes dramatically with proper direct drive wheels.)

3. love 15min sprint race format. ACC is most endurance..

It's as simple as it is.
ACC:
Only modern GT classes and no Nordschleife.
I'm simply not interested in 2020/21 AMG/Audi/Ferrari/Lamborghini at Imola.

What I like are Series like the NLS multiclass endurance over long distance on not so perfect tracks. Currently only possible in other Sims and Simcades.

I currently prefer AMS2 over all other, Not perfect and also not quite a good variety in fitting Cars for the NLS. Group H2 and TCR are missing the most.

In general I like, now vintage, Motorsports prior to year 2000 the most, since that was my active time.

Generally speaking, I think more Sims shoud feature the "Golden age of motorsports" which is neither now nor in the future but in those 30 years ranging from 1971-2001 before the tracks got clustered with chicanes and the cars got neutered by regulations.

Last edited:
It's as simple as it is.
ACC:
Only modern GT classes and no Nordschleife.
i'm Simple Not interested in 2020/21 AMG/Audi/Ferrari/Lamborghini at Imola.

What I like are Series like the NLS multiclass endurance over long distance on not so perfect tracks. Currently only possible in other Sims and Simcades.

Currently I prefer AMS2 over all other, Not perfect and also not quite a good variaty in fitting Cars for the NLS. Group H2 and TCR are missing the most. In general I like vintage Motorsports prior to year 2000 the most, since that was my active time.

Generally speaking, I think more Sims shoud feature the "Golden age of motorsports" which is neither now nor in the future but those 30 years ranging from 1971-2001 before the tracks got clustered with chicanes and the cars got neutered by regulations.
Yes, yes, yes, yes again, and finally yes...

Acc is fine in small doses but the game is just too repetitive for me. I don't like doing the same thing all the time. I'd guess acc is the most e-sport sim out there being so focused into one thing. Focused on just getting better at that one thing. I can see the appeal some people might have for that kind of thing.

In the past I played lfs which had similar thing with the gt3-esque cars on one track being very popular. Was always easy to just join a server with lots of people and have some close racing in a car/track combo you knew really well. I did around 1500 laps (yes, I checked) on that combo. Getting little better over time. Most of the time it was just easy to jump in and feel comfortable straight away. Know that there is a server out there with just that combo and you are decent at it. Which is also a bit dangerous as doing the same thing all the time makes everything else feel worse just because it s different.

But nowadays I prefer to drive new tracks and cars often. Don't really care about getting the last tenths. Sometimes I even force myself drive cars and sims I don't like just to keep an open perspective. Even if the physics are not that good the racing is fun in all sims. I'll probably boot up acc some day and play for day or two and then have my quota filled for the month.

I'd love to drive the gt4s more often but there just aren't servers with people for them. As for tracks I actually like misano and paul ricard. I wish I'd see those more often because they are pretty rare in other sims. Suzuka is always fun too tho. Would LOVE to do more races in the rain, especially in gt4s but obviously that's not happening. I also don't like driving aids. Even if they are realistic and feel very well done in acc. I like to be my own traction control.

Acc overall feels like it is an overdose of that one single thing. Fun for handful of races sometimes but gets too repetitive too quickly. And it doesn't offer anything else except driving and setup work. No way to make skins and use them, no modding and very limited amount of content in the end.

I really only enjoy driving a couple of types of cars (60s F1 and any touring cars) and ACC doesn't cater to those. Also I absolutely adore the wide range of tracks in AC, especially the historic ones. Lapping modern Monza time after time doesn't really hold a lot of appeal. I also don't race online. (sidenote, I wish AC's AI was better)

FFB is greatly overdone and overated in most sims....the "FFB" of my real cars is even lamer... basically none.

In the real car I have seat of pants which I use and steering feedback becomes secondary. Im at home, it's not the real thing. Give me the info I need to make a decision and come upto speed fast or I'll use sims that do. I rather be overloaded with info, like in a real car and then decide what I want to use rather than not have it at all.

Drifting and modding, from apps, sounds to cars and tracks.
Also it still looks much better than acc. But this is only possible because of Content Manager, Custom Shaders Patch and also Sol.

Though I'm glad acc really made it into the e-sport scene with great success imo

I played ACC a lot when it first came out and really enjoyed it. I since had over a year away from racing and I ventured into AC after 7 years and I love it! where else can you race a bathtub at Silverstone or a lawnmower. Seriously though having spent the last couple of months learning content manager, Sol and Ilya's CSP AC is just brilliant I think. I did a test race on ACC over at SGP last night and driving was hard work and not really enjoyable for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years