Why are you playing AC and not playing ACC

I drive AC because of the multitude of tracks and cars, both Kunos and mods.

And because the modding community keeps the sim fresh, especially with Content Manager, Custom Shaders Patch and Sol.

And especially because I don´t like the FFB of ACC, it makes the cars feel heavy and "dead inside"

Though I have to admit that I havn´t tried ACC since I upgraded my rig ( a lot)

MFG Carsten

AC is the only sim (indeed, only game) that I play:
  • A single miserably documented, idiosyncratic and unintuitive (to me) game provides more than enough aggravation.
  • Weak PC barely runs AC adequately in VR
  • AC with mods includes most cars and tracks that I have driven and have some notion of how they should behave. Motivation is lacking to fantasize competently driving more serious race cars in anger.
  • SimHub customizations work in AC; unenthusiastic about debugging elsewhere

Last edited:
Acc is for competition than ac1. But even if you drive the cayman gt4 club Sport if feels much better in the wheel (ffb,etc) that its counterpart the new cayman gt4 club Sport.

Ac1 - More tracks, more cars, more fps , content manager made it perfect
Acc - better competition, better online, better rules for racing, ranking system

Because driving GT3 cars is boring (too much grip, too little turning degree...) and because I don't like driving with rain nor at night nor online competition.

Last edited:
I don't like driving with rain
IRL, I always enjoyed track sessions in rain, because traction-limited at speeds more often within my reflexes, but while one can generally focus thru mildly obscured real windscreens, AO (or at least my inability to tweak custom shader patch) windscreen effects defeat me.

I prefer to use VR these days, and my PC can't run ACC / VR.

I don't use GT3 cars in AC, and only really bought ACC to support Kunos.

I enjoy making vintage tracks, and ACC doesn't support modding, so... :O_o:

1621697032455.png

Lots of reasons, With the additions of SOL and Custom Shaders Patch and the massive modding community bringing new cars, tracks and skins, AC trumps ACC on a lot of levels. Also as a VR user, ACC sucks for it's optimisation of VR on moderately powerful systems. ACC is good and it's a shame it's closed (ish) to modders. If it wasn't for the modding community, I honestly think AC would be long forgotten, instead (like Skyrim etc) a game that's older than most looks better than ever and plays even better

I do play ACC from time to time when the itch comes to run the BMW M4 GT4 for a few laps, but I mainly stay with AC (and AMS2) over ACC because GT3 and GT4 are just boring to me. I like like old low aero cars that I can throw into a corner and steer with the throttle.

And also, ACC has a distinct lack of Alfa Romeos.

Because AC is a simulator. You can use it to learn new track & use modded cars to makes more laps.

ACC in the other hand is an arcade game. It has no mods & has no use for real life. Also, it's main dish is to get a trolled online experience from AC. Kunos ironically advertised ACC as esport game, but its principal features is what I find disgusting. The toxic stuff in AC. GT3 fanboys tends to run same track/car combo to win effortless with autowin setup on SPA/Monza. You only get to play with a dishonest crowd with ACC. I'm biased from my past experience & I can't see this culture being a sport game.

You may laugh, but that's the popular opinion.

Last edited:
If the content car and track is in ACC, that is where I want to drive it, for me, in VR, the total racing experience in ACC is the state of the art. If ACC had the content I have collected in AC, I would always drive ACC.
Of course, it is not the case, so I drive AC more often than ACC. The variety that makes AC the ultimate sand box SIM, where the only limit is truly your imagination, makes AC my main SIM.
Lately a lot of content, particularly tracks are revisited, updated with the latest CSP magic trick, by an ever growing modding/converting community, making AC evergreen and endlessly entertaining.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 185 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 364 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing