why are mods not working for me????

hello im new here and to the game but i have followed some people on youtube on how to install mods on assetto corsa but there don't work for me the cars or the tracks please can some one help me.
1) I install the mods
2) I setup the cars and the installed tracks and then wait for the race/sprint/whatever to load and then a error code comes up saying the content of the car/track is not there.
please can some one help me.

im doing everything right its just not letting me play the car/tracks
Please describe the steps you are following upon installing a mod as obviously you aren't doing everything right, then it would have worked :)

Maybe a screenshot of your folder? Are you 100% sure you are installing a mod for Assetto Corsa and not another game? Have you tried deleting your entire AC folder and reboot the game via steam so you have a fresh install and try from there?

this is what i get when starting the race with a mod gokart

Attachments

• bandicam 2015-02-06 19-48-59-274.jpg
    bandicam 2015-02-06 19-48-59-274.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 2,913
Have you tried this ? Sometimes something is missing or corrupted
In the Steam App
Right click on Assetto Corsa
  • Click on Properties.
  • Go to the Local Files tab.
  • Click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
  • Prepare to wait 10-15 minutes while it checks.

this are my files and you can see the route i have made to put them there on the bar in the middle top

You're doing it wrong Sir. Mods don't go in the Documents folder.

You're supposed to put them in Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/content/(cars or tracks).

EDIT: Integrity Check will be a waste of time and a P.I.T.A., copy the mods following the path above and you'lle be fine. I wish people would read posts before replying. :rolleyes:

You're doing it wrong Sir. Mods don't go in the Documents folder.

You're supposed to put them in Steam/SteamApps/common/assettocorsa/content/(cars or tracks).

EDIT: Integrity Check will be a waste of time and a P.I.T.A., copy the mods following the path above and you'lle be fine. I wish people would read posts before replying. :rolleyes:
the assetto corsa file is not there in the steam apps file for me

he is doing everthing right, I have the same problem I have installed steam on my C:hardrive but there is any folder with steamapps or assetto corsa it just plays it from my another folder in C: where steam installed it, I cant figure out why its not working but can please anybody help me?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 480 38.9%