F1 2010 Why am I so slow?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Just played on line for the first time and I have found I'm ten seconds or more slower than everyone else per lap, even without making any obvious mistakes. Is it my set up or driving assists that is slowing me down?

Is everyone using manual everything and I'm just rubbish?

Thanks Monkeyboy.

Yes I realised that all the settings were switched off so I put them all on - do you recommend keeping some off?

Also break assist - have most people learned to do without it? I find it difficult to get the breaking right without it but then again my lap times are very much slower that 8/10 sec.

I looked at setups - is it possible to have a customised setup for each track on online quick race mode?

It just that when online the other cars I have raced are seriously faster than me so I must have something set wrong or not learned where the extra speed is.

I keep all of them on when racing online apart for brake assist. Braking just comes with practice. Try offline Time Trial mode from padock. Choose a car and track and load into the pits, when your in the pits access the comp screen sat on your car and select the car setup option. (last option on the right)

From there you can custom setup your car, (try some the setups from the link I posted) when your done save the setup and go out and practice. Set a time and try and beat it.

When you go online select car setup option again and load your custom setup for that track.(custom setups wont guarantee you will win the race, but they give you a fighting chance).

Other then that all I can say is practice, practice and more practice, Also you can try online grand-prix mode you get 15mins of quey free time to learn the track, sprint mode is full of idiots and is harder.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 298 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 149 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%