I haven't been less excited for the start of the F1 season for as long as I can remember..

Hamilton or Vettel will be champion.. :sleep:

Max will probably crash a few times.... :rolleyes:

Danny Ric will be driving around in the midfield...:thumbsdown:

I used to love F1.. but now the races are on too late to watch live.. and it's just so convoluted now..

Big engine.. Big tyres.. lots of fuel.. Now go race...! What the F ever happened to that?

I want to see how the Honda engine in action in a top team. Will be nice to compare them to the Renault.
I'm also curious about how Stroll's going to perform in an midfield car now that he has a bit more experience.

I'm *always* excited when the season starts. The first race is special: new cars, many drivers are with a new team, the rules change a bit... It's the end of the month-long buildup that starts in February with the cars launches. And for me, it means that the *long* Canadian winter is finally about to end and Spring is around the corner. (Just like the Canadian GP in early June marks the first day of summer for me.)

Can't wait to watch the 2nd practice session on tv, which starts at 1 am Friday morning here in Montreal. Luckily, I have the next day off! :D

I am sure I am setting myself up for a letdown but...it's still F1, I'm really excited!

As an inhabitant of the northern hemisphere, there is something so cool about seeing sun drenched late-summer Australia splashed across my TV - I love it, adds to the excitement somehow! Maybe especially so this year, considering we are under a literal blizzard warning in my corner of the world right now!!!

I've been following F1 for 37 years (ever since Alan Jones won the championship) but my enthusiasm has severely waned recently. I'm not a Lewis Hamilton fan (despite being British) and figured I couldn't be bothered with another Mercedes / Lewis parade and very Lewis centric Sky TV coverage (via Foxtel).... But I just watched the Netflix F1 documentary and it actually helped inject some interest into this season... especially Red Bull and Renault... so , yeah, I am now looking forward to it.

I'm not a fan of the Australian circuit so the first race is a bit of a damp squib for me. But after the pit stop fubar last year and the vsc mix up I'll certainly be watching with interest.

I hope Williams will get on the podium. But i expect Ferrari to be the fastest, Mercedes very close behind. Red Bell somewhat behind that. Looking forward to see what 2nd grade F1 team can join the battle with the big 3.

I just hope that F1 will be as 10% entertaining as MotoGP (as well as Moto 2 and 3) turn out to be in 2019. Wouldn't that be a blast ?
Or at least 10% more overtaking than last year. I'll take it. :)

I hope Williams will get on the podium. But i expect Ferrari to be the fastest, Mercedes very close behind. Red Bell somewhat behind that. Looking forward to see what 2nd grade F1 team can join the battle with the big 3.
If Williams make some points that's alone a big achievement as things look for them. They have no chance to finish in TOP 8 except a total chaos race.

I couldn't give a stuff about the F1, it's all about whether Rick Kelly barges his way down pit lane again and whether the Mustang will come out on top.

Saying that I'll try and catch the F1 highlights and see if it's improved or not.

Lando Norris and Leclerc should be ones to keep an eye on. Is Russell racing too? Ooh and Kubica! I mean he'd be better off pushing that Williams, but you never know!

I’m watching F1 since 1993, so I probably will be sitting in front of the TV on sunday morning, just out of habit. I like the track and the atmosphere, hope we can see a good representation of Melbourne (laserscanned?) in a good sim someday.

Regarding the cars & drivers it will probably be two classes again: Merc & Ferrari as F1 and the rest F1.5, though I hope that RB will close the gap to Merc and Ferrari. Unfortunately F1 has become extremely predictable since 2014 so if nothing extraordinary happens it’s clear who takes the win.

Meh, .. half cars are dead.

I am excited about the next WEC race, the start of the 2019 Blancpain season, … that's the stuff that gets me awake. F1 nowadays is way too much politics, contractual dramatics and young kids getting passed around by whomever can get a good deal out of them kind of situation.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 451 39.3%