Who's done a lap without a crash?

Discussion in 'TT Isle of Man - The Game' started by Damage Inc, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    Sod this leaderboard time malarky! ;) the real sign of a good rider is not crashing so who's got the achievement? I got it this morning (posted in another thread).

Who's done the 4 or 6 lap races and no crash, Andy?

• Love Love x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. s00zster

s00zster

Ratings:
    +11
    I've done 1 lap without a crash in TT Training in Career Mode and got the achievement :D. 20 minute something lap, helmet cam, no assists except combined braking and map, expert AI, came 1st. Was also able to save a near miss thanks to the physics patch last week. Had to have a lie down afterwards. :confused:

• Beer Beer x 1
  3. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    Helmet cam eh? That's some mighty kudos I'm sending your way!

4. s00zster

s00zster

Ratings:
    +11
    Why thank you! :D

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Yes it's my only goal, like in real life. If they crash at the TT they normally end up dead. So I try to run the sim like that. My lap times are slower obviously but I am only competing against the AI riders any way (not interested in online leaderboard artificial times). My only goal is clean laps using helmet cam. It's a real struggle and is taking some concentration especially after 2 laps for me. And I only do it at the TT circuit with the AI riders getting in the way or me getting in their way. Damn it's good fun. I can't keep up with the expert AI but I can keep up with the difficult AI. I suppose it's only fair that the weird rear end physics thing also applies to the AI because I have seen them crash weirdly too.
    I do pause the game at the pitstop for a quick drink and a stretch though. :thumbsup:

• Beer Beer x 2
  6. kevin ohara

kevin ohara

Ratings:
    +34
    Not me!

7. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    how many have you done? i was SO narked I crashed at Sulby bridge to stop 2 in a row.

8. ChickenBoy18

ChickenBoy18

Ratings:
    +49
    I do quite a few clean laps now. I’ve now learned the course well enough to know where the limits are on every corner, where my braking points are, how much grip is on the exit, and what gear I need to be in. Once you get to that point you can ride within yourself quite nicely. The only accidents I have now are where bullshit with other riders occurs, I get distracted/lose concentration, or I’m pushing hard and I’m on the limit.

This is all supersport bikes though. On the big bikes I’m all over the shop.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    I'm getting there slowly, there a lot of sections where I either get the weird rear end crashes or I am too cautious, just can't find the balance. It's basically every deceptive corner that looks faster than it is and as soon as I try to correct it by lifting off I'm plowing into the hedge/wall. Once I learn all those corners I'll be better (which will be 2078!) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. ChickenBoy18

ChickenBoy18

Ratings:
    +49
    It takes less time than you think to learn the course. I was feeling hopeless about it and wondering how the real TT racers remember every corner, and then suddenly it just clicked. I was recognising sections I’d ridden before and then going “aha” when I went from one bit I recognised into another. Before long I’d learned the course. My advice is to do time attack mode section by section until you learn them and can nail them clean.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. girlracerTracey

girlracerTracey

Ratings:
    +165
    I think with IOM TT it is the case that we all play this game (more than just a game imo..more of a "sim" with a simplified physics model with arguably a few flaws) the way we prefer to play it..

Personally, with the improvement in the consistency and predictability of the physics I am now approaching this in the manner that if I crash it is race and/or lap over. So if I do "bin-it" I restart the lap (if I am "hot-lapping" for a p.b.) or count it as a race with a DNF on my part.

That way I seem to enjoy this game even more although this is taking the edge off my lap-times at my limited skill level.

I have a friend who is now to my knowledge in 1st place on the global leaderboards on PS4 who doesn't care if he crashes provided he runs a "leaderboard" challenging time. He is beginning to get very frustrated with the physics as he is pushing the envelope of what is possible so hard.. He's not having as much fun as I am but what he is striving to achieve is way above what I am capable of doing with this game if I am honest. I can race him and beat him (sometimes) on the short circuits on motogp and RIDE 2 (if he has a "bad hair day") but on the IOM TT Mountain course he is on another level to me.. So deep respect to him.

My feeling is to run this thing in the best way that you have fun with it. Huge respect to the fast guys though from me..

"Midge" ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  12. Andy_J

Andy_J
    PC Veteran Gamer and Biker. Premium

Ratings:
    +3,485
    Same here. I would have liked the game to a special realistic hardcore mode that forced all aids off, forced helmet cam on and made you restart if you crash. Obviously this would be a selectable mode so that you have the choice. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    Yup, some sections are recognisable, many bits still eluding me. I just feel I'm fighting the physics too much at the moment and I think that's having an obvious detrimental effect.

I'm not pushing the envelope, but I'm getting really frustrated with the physics at the mo, tyre grip loss and what the bikes does at that point is utterly broken at the moment IMO, I also don't like the leaning physics either. It's hard to explain but I feel that the initial bike reaction is too slow/laboured, then as I steer more the bike suddenly leans too much and I feel I'm keeping the bike up more than going around a corner. Last time I checked you don't "keep a bike up" when it's leaning as the thing always wants to go upright, I never cornered hard in reality but I presume it takes quite a bit of effort the more the bike is leant over? The game feels like the opposite of that to me. Actually I can equate it to my own experience.....When I rode it was fun and a LOT of commuting to work, Mainly motorway so I squared off my tyres after a few thousand miles, I knew it was time for a tyre change when I cornered and I had to get it past the "lip" of that squared off bit, then once on the good still curved bit of the tyre the bike would suddenly lean more because of the effort I had to put in to get it past that squared off edge "lip". Scared the bejesus out of me everytime, then when I put new "boots" on the difference in cornering was mind boggling and Sooooo smooth! IOM steering feels like a squared off tyre and the MS games like Ride 2/MGP feel like a brand new tyre.

So luckily with the TT course being so fast the bad side of the physics isn't in my face all the time, but the slower stuff just feels awful. :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    the leaderboards should defo only have times without crashes at the top, at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ChickenBoy18

ChickenBoy18

Ratings:
    +49
    I’m getting increasingly consistent with my clean laps now. Did three sub 17.30 laps all clean tonight on the CBR600. Managed a couple of clean laps on the big bikes now but I still end up losing it in seemingly random places thanks to the weird physics.

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    Well on my Nemesis (Tyrone) track I actually managed a 6 lap race v easy Ai (don't judge me LOL, I won by a mile ;) ) without a single crash! It helped that I didn't have to push too hard. I know it's not the jist of what my original post is about (TT course) but I'm almost as chuffed!!

17. Tim Cannon

Tim Cannon

Ratings:
    +51
    Finally managed a lap on the big track without a crash. But I didn't get the achievement. When I watched the replay, I noticed I tapped a wall but didn't crash. I guess that was enough to deny me the achievement. Damn. I will try a 4 or 6 lap race this weekend.

18. Damage Inc

Damage Inc

Ratings:
    +303
    That's harsh, hopefully you'll get it soon.

19. BongoBaggins

BongoBaggins

Ratings:
    +0
    Two crashes is my best. I play helmet cam with no HUD or racing line, so I think that's pretty good, I only got the game on Friday. I've never been to the TT so I was learning the course completely from scratch. It's been maddeningly frustrating, but oh so rewarding.
    By the way, the 2nd crash was in the tiny little lane before the home straight. I almost cried

• Beer Beer x 2
  20. svenvangent

svenvangent

Ratings:
    +6
    Still trying to do a full lap without a crash , for the moment I did one lap with one crash on the Triumph Daytona 675 with all assist off except combined breaks and onboard cam .
    16:57.422 is my laptime .
    PS4 pro .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.