Who would take up blue ray music

Steve Lambert

I hate not getting pole
They are releasing quite a lot of music on blu ray and they are not sure how it will take. Oh my god, I would love that clarity of music. That would be something else indeed................

What kind of music is being released on blue ray? Are the tracks encoded in .flac or other lossless studio format or are they just mp3s on a blue ray disk? Blue rays have so much wasted potential, when the film industry moved to the format they bragged about single disks holding 10+ gigabytes yet you still get 2-3 blue ray disks when you buy a movie, one for the film and another for whatever extras they try to sell you with the movie but again why 3 discs when it all fits easily on one?

I think the music industry will be an even bigger waste of space if they transition to blue ray, that is unless they provide ridiculous quality but I doubt it.

It
What kind of music is being released on blue ray? Are the tracks encoded in .flac or other lossless studio format or are they just mp3s on a blue ray disk? Blue rays have so much wasted potential, when the film industry moved to the format they bragged about single disks holding 10+ gigabytes yet you still get 2-3 blue ray disks when you buy a movie, one for the film and another for whatever extras they try to sell you with the movie but again why 3 discs when it all fits easily on one?

I think the music industry will be an even bigger waste of space if they transition to blue ray, that is unless they provide ridiculous quality but I doubt it.
It's Blu ray proper. check: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24441979

Forget mp3, forget CD etc. But it can never replace that crackle of pure joy on a record deck. That's what I love but would love something even better.

looking at it from a rational kind of standpoint, blu-rays are a waste when it comes to music alone - because the purpose of a compact disc is exactly this, to give you the high fidelity experience of lossless music. just to say, on rare occasions labels even release 24bit (e.g. SACD) music albums. Although it is debatable if these HD CDs are an overstatement since the human sense of hearing is pretty limited. So in these regards compact discs fulfill their purpose. On the other hand, many mainstream, okay lets say some producers are getting lazy and don't care about good sound engineering and do not even do the compact disc justice. You can experience this when the music sounds for example "mushy" or "muffled" and is missing this certain sense of clarity.

HiFi equipment can be very very expensive, you would be surprised how much money you can put into some custom made speakers for example! However to really enjoy music, you have to spend a tiny bit of your money into good hardware.

;)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 221 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 163 7.9%