Who Was Your Sim Racing Developer of the Year?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Sim Racing Developer of the Year.jpg

2018 had plenty of highlights in the world of sim racing, with big moves from many of the sim racing development teams - but who impressed you the most?

New games, big updates, impressive licence acquisitions, feature improvements, 2018 pretty much had it all. With such a rich amount of marketplace movement this year, picking a development team to single out as the most impressive is almost impossible - but it is a challenge we ask you all to rise to with this latest end of year awards article!

Let us know who you think was the most impressive sim racing developer during the last 12 months by voting in the poll and commenting below! Oh, and try to be civil about it all please folks :)

*Please note, the title's mentioned in the poll next to the developer name are just some of the games developed by the studio, and should be used for reference only. The poll refers to the work undertaken by the respective studio throughout 2018, and not just to the games referenced in the poll.

**Image credit: Heusinkveld Engineering

Flipping a coin between Reiza and Kunos. Same as last year

But since likes of Kylotonn and Milestone are mentioned, Bugbear would deserve a poll option, as the full release of Wreckfest (2018) was very good and leaning to simcade territory more than pure arcade

I've voted S397 and rFactor 2. The reason? Although I've always admired rF2 all these years, the way that Marcel and co have dedicated the time and effort, in many of the right places, has really brought the game up levels never before thought possible.

Simply taking on the task to develop rF2 deserves credit in itself, but the sheer volume of improvements that have appeared in the sim are so very impressive. Hopefully 2019 will bring more of the same, and continue to see the title improve, which for my at least, is a superbly exciting thing to enjoy.

With all that said, serious kudos to everyone in sim racing, it is a magic time to be involved in it all, and each and every sim has something stand out impressive about it. I love 'em all (well ok, most), and even the ones I really don't like all have some things they do very, very well.

2019 should be pretty awesome.

Gotta say Kunos because the only bad thing about ACC is the graphics engine which is not made by them. They did the decision to use it but I still want to believe they also want to clean up the mess. :)

Edit: 2nd place goes to S397 but it's kind of unfair situation because you cannot do worse than ISI did with the title. That's why whatever you do it looks quite impressive. :roflmao:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 489 39.2%