Who Was Your Sim Racing Developer of the Year?

I bought rFactor 2 some years ago but quickly found it boring !
Wonder if it was the same developers then and will I get the latest version if I install it again ?

Black Delta, for defying all that said they were full of it and doubted there ability to bring Kart Kraft to the community. An outstanding job by Zach and the small crew who have released and continue to hone and update what can only be described as the best Kart sim on PC to date in both visuals and physics.

Hands down it as to be Studio 397, for the work they have done to bring rFactor 2 up to a modern level.
Including working rain, working vehicle wind screen wipers, and adding new shaders to the sim, on top of acquiring licensed content for the sim.

And my second vote would have to go to the guys at iracing, for also updating the sim, adding dirt racing, updated shaders and a new damage model to the sim, as well as other features.

I don't play either of these sims, though I own rFactor 2, but you have to give credit where credit is due.

Not voted for Kunos or Black Delta though they both deserve my vote, and they both have early access unfinished titles in progress.

It's a tough question for me to answer; in the end I chose S397 because they have taken on a monumental task to revive and update rF2 but, there's much to choose from. Kunos is off to a great start with ACC, Reiza has worked wonders with AMS, Sector3 continues to refine and add new content, iRacing continues to evolve and impress. Any one of these developers could be worthy of the title imo.

Reiza, out of principle. AMS is still the single most complete, diversified and consistent sim package today, featuring exotic content that you cannot drive anywhere else. What Reiza managed to create from the old IsiMotor engine is just fantastic, if you don't mind the dated graphics or lack of VR.

Kunos is a close second, and if ACC becomes what Kunos are planning for it, they will be my first choice for develpoer of the year 2019 (if Reiza don't come along with their new project that is ;) )

Studio 397 for improving rFactor 2 in a year much more than ISI did in 5 years and for great releases, especially Endurance Pack and Sebring. Honorable mention goes to Kunos for ACC - it is getting there and next year my vote is probably going for them, unless they do something really weird and stupid or S397 releases new UI.

Speaking of doing something weird and stupid - I guess If I would have to vote for anti-award, that I would vote for SimBin UK for crushing my dreams.

• Deleted member 637371

1st - Sector 3 for me. Racerooom has had some excellent updates and I have so much fun playing DTM'92's online on VTM Nordschleife that i now play Raceroom more than my other Sims (AC,ACC,AMS,RF2,DR). They also added great content (WTCR 2018, GT4) and continue to improve all aspects of the game, i just hope they update the engine at some point so we can have dynamic weather. As much as i enjoy this great game, it has its flaws, lets hope Sector 3 will address some of these in 2019.

2nd - Reiza - AMS was quite the find for me in 2018. Great fun to be had in their openwheelers (something i dont usually enjoy). Serious Sim with some new content added recently. I just hope they add the Nordschleife at some point and maybe a few European cars. I bought the season pass on sale to support these guys. Hopefully they continue to add to the game and the servers fill up a bit more, a little sparse of players...
Great game though, i hope they build upon their unusual car and track roster but also add some more familiar European cars/tracks too. I'll be keeping an eye on this team and AMS in the New Year.

3rd - S397 - rFactor 2 . The GT content was a welcome and excellent addition. Seems to be renewed vigor behind the development of this game (Most welcome and needed). Many people swear by this game as being one of the best sims. While i dont have much play time in it, i have seen flashes of the magic people speak of, but there are areas of the game that still need vast improvement. (UI, Quality of content). Momentum appears to be with this title, lets hope it will continue.

4th - Kunos - ACC This game was released close to my birthday so i treated myself to another Sim. I was very excited by what Kunos would do next after being a big fan of AC. It would be unfair to be over critical of ACC given its still EA, but i dont share in some of the enthusiasm from my initial impressions. I didnt realise how much i relied on Head Tracking/Track-IR until i fired up ACC only to be devastated to find out it isn't yet implemented, nor is it listed anywhere in the games road map. I am sure it will be added at some point and I will play the Sim again, but until then i have shelved it. The graphics really were underwhelming too, but again, its still in EA and Kunos of course have delivered the goods before with AC. Lets hope they find an extra gear in the New Year and make ACC the game it should be.

* I have yet to try iRacing. Perhaps 2019 will be the year I can overcome the paywall and justify such expenditure. If the aforementioned studios continue to develop and improve their title's, I might have to wait another year for iRacing!

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE = "InsaneOzzie, post: 2886685, membre: 10410"] Black Delta, pour avoir défié tous ceux qui ont dit en être pleins et doutaient de leur capacité à amener Kart Kraft à la communauté. Un travail remarquable de la part de Zach et du petit équipage qui a publié et continue de perfectionner et de mettre à jour ce que l’on ne peut qualifier que de meilleur simulateur de Kart sur PC à ce jour, tant sur le plan visuel que physique.
Sur le plan physique c'est Kartsim et Kart racing pro

Studio 397. They have a mammoth of task fixing rf2 but marcel is always extremely respectable when he posts online and never has even tiny tantrums of any kind. Some of the other devs on this list would be neck deep into flamewars constantly with the kind of discussions rf2 has to handle. I'd wish rf2 would be further into the development but so far there is not that much I'd disagree with their decisions either as what they have done or are doing. It is a tough job he has and I don't see how he could do it better.

Studio 397. They have a mammoth of task fixing rf2 but marcel is always extremely respectable when he posts online and never has even tiny tantrums of any kind. Some of the other devs on this list would be neck deep into flamewars constantly with the kind of discussions rf2 has to handle. I'd wish rf2 would be further into the development but so far there is not that much I'd disagree with their decisions either as what they have done or are doing. It is a tough job he has and I don't see how he could do it better.
how to do it better :)
well, .. one of their big issues is that they are upgrading a product that's been already sold to many people, so lot of these updates are not bringing them any extra $$

for them, it could be better to basically develop it as a new product, re-use RF2 engine and update what they can, remove what they can also, and start building it up as a new platform
but that could be fairly unpopular for people who already own it , which is even more of a reason to praise them for what they have done so far

hopefully they will manage to make it easier to get mods into rf2 , and that could bring back even more people

edit: one thing i really love them for is that they did manage to push mods throuhg steam workshop, which is just so much easier on the users !! so if they manage to make it "as simple" to create mods as it is in AC, I could see it becoming the next sim to make mods for

I had to vote SCS for their work this year on both ATS and ETS2 (including adding several gameplay features and overhauls that have been requested by the community for free,) but close-second would be Studio 397.

None of the above. Mine personally goes to Ilja and the rest of the ContentManager and associated co. dev gang that pretty much developed an entirely new UI for AC, a feat that is taking some other developers an eternity to accomplish and adding features through CM to a AC like day/night and (wip) weather effects that Kunos themselves wouldn't ever have implemented thus giving AC a proper second wind and a much needed mid-lifecycle refresh. Massive respect to those guys for the pace at which they operate for literally no money. :p

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 342 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 230 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%