Who Was Your F1 Driver of the Year?

I just came here to comment how so very useless that groupshot in the opening post is.

Half the drivers do not have the courtesy to take of their sunglasses and the photographer does not realize to ask the drivers to take their caps off so the purpose of the groupshot can be fulfilled to be able to recognize these drivers in years to come?

This is a very badly executed groupshot.

For all intents and purposes the photographer could have handed one of these to all drivers before the shoot:

monkey-mask.jpg

Technically the drivers have to wear hats as they promote sponsors to pay the bills for the team. I saw a documentary and Nigel Mansell was in trouble because he gave a interview with the wrong hat. He had a Goodyear Logo and not a Cannon Logo. The contract may say a Hat must be worn to promote Sponsor A in all photos or in the Press room. The driver has to be tied to the brand to sell the product. The driver and race suit is a billboard of advertising space.

I voted Leclerc because he did some good things in this 2018 and he's going to be a Ferrari driver for the next season. So it's some kind of wish he's going to do some "magic" next season with a better car. :D

Hamilton, well, he's a talented driver on an almost invincible battleship.
Vettel is as good as Hamilton but with some limitations in his character that made him do some bad mistakes which costed him dearly. That's why he finished 2nd.
Verstappen is for sure the present best young driver and a future Champion if he manages to drive a superior car.
A word for Kimi: FERRARI FANS LOVE YOU no matter what :inlove:
Yes he has probably made the biggest jump in the off season. The top teams have cars and technology to help results. So the challenge is in the back and mid field where the drivers pace is more on par with the drivers around them. So they have to push harder in slightly below par machinery.

Hamilton. Yes, he drives a Mercedes, but Senna drove a McLaren Honda from 1988 to 1991 and no one can deny his talent, right? It's not just about having the best car, it's what you do with it and Hamilton was pretty much flawless all season long. If Mercedes remains as good in 2019, I see no reason why he should not win a 6th WC.

His main rival is Vettel, a great driver, but he has shown his limitations in 2018.He's simply not in the same league as Hamilton.

Leclerc was the most impressive rookie, by a mile. As driver of the year: let's wait... I think he will be that in a few years.
I would like to see Lewis in a mid field team. To see if it is talent of technology that brings him success. You have more respect fro drivers who come through the ranks of the back and mid pack because they learn to loose before they learn to win.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back