Who Was Your F1 Driver of the Year?

Old Man Alonso, because he is the only one left from the time when I still liked F1 enough to regularily watch it, and he's on the way to the Triple Crown.

Old Man Alonso, because he is the only one left from the time when I still liked F1 enough to regularily watch it, and he's on the way to the Triple Crown.

I voted for Alonso as well. Even though when he arrived in F1 i couldn't stand him, but mostly it was the team why i didn't like him, but great talent and gave Schumacher a run for his money. Then he went to McLaren, Ferrari, and outdrove the car in almost every single race... and almost win another WC with it.

When i gone back to McLaren it was clear he got a lot of work to do.. but even i won't put any effort in it, when the car can't keep it together for even 1 weekend. I would love to see him in a red bull or something better than a McLaren, witch is clearly a shadow from its glory past like Williams....

But now he's gone, and with him any real fun to watch F1. I can't stand Hamilton, and for me he isn't the best driver. It's mostly the car witch is clearly the outstanding in the last couple of years. And yes, you need a decend driver to get the performance out of that car. Instand of Bottas put a Alonso in that Mercedes, and you won't got a Hamilton on the 1st place in every race, and team orders.. forget it with Alonso as a partner. He can be an asshole in that regards like Hamilton. I would rather have 2 Mercedes fight wheel to wheel, and are even than 20 sec faster than the rest, instead of the stale state of F1 what we clearly got, now. Bottas is just to nice to open his mouth against the team, when he clearly could win some races this year, and followed team orders instead. If the team would Hamilton punish for everything he had done against the team, he wouldn't be driving for them anymore. For example, Abu Dabi against Rosberg. Team Orders were clear, he need do drive faster, and he was just like nope. Even though he wanted to win the WC, but you can't stand up against the team witch clearly pay his bills at this time (when he got some bills to pay, i mean he could buy a powerplant for himself alone)... you just can't do that.

Leclerc is good but how can he be the best driver when his best finish is 6th?His season only got going in the second half & his team mate Ericsson is lame so their is no decent comparison to make.He has potential & will probably upset Vettel next year but the best driver now?
Hamilton has been head & shoulders above the others this year.Vettel & Max made to many errors,Ricciardo had to many failures & Bottas & Raikkonen were just to slow most of the time.
Best driver is different than best car.

The last time he had a decent partner Nico Rosberg won!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: I repeat, Nico Rosberg!!! :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Best of all times!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Yes he was definitely the luckiest champion of all time, did you see the amount of retirements Lewis had?

An ERS failure at the start of qualifying in China, relegating him to 22nd on the grid. He finished seventh.

An ERS failure during Q3 in Russia, restricting the Mercedes driver to 10th on the grid. He finished second.

An engine mode issue during the European GP.

He finished fifth having started in 10th following a crash in qualifying

A hydraulics fault during Practice Two in Singapore which was cited as a critical factor in his defeat to Rosberg. He finished third.

An engine blow-out in Malaysia which cost him an almost-certain victory.

There is, of course, no way of determining how many points Hamilton's 'bad luck' has cost. But it could be easily argued that it has denied him at least in a conservative opinion 40 points this year - 12 in China, when Mercedes were a class above the rest, 25 in Sepang, and ten in Belgium when Hamilton was relegated to the back of the grid after Mercedes introduced fresh power units to compensate for his early-season failures.

So coming here giving it about Rosberg is mindless but i have come to expect no less here, bring it on.

Also he quit knowing he would never ever get that lucky again what a true Champ haha.

Yes he was definitely the luckiest champion of all time, did you see the amount of retirements Lewis had?

An ERS failure at the start of qualifying in China, relegating him to 22nd on the grid. He finished seventh.

An ERS failure during Q3 in Russia, restricting the Mercedes driver to 10th on the grid. He finished second.

An engine mode issue during the European GP.

He finished fifth having started in 10th following a crash in qualifying

A hydraulics fault during Practice Two in Singapore which was cited as a critical factor in his defeat to Rosberg. He finished third.

An engine blow-out in Malaysia which cost him an almost-certain victory.

There is, of course, no way of determining how many points Hamilton's 'bad luck' has cost. But it could be easily argued that it has denied him at least in a conservative opinion 40 points this year - 12 in China, when Mercedes were a class above the rest, 25 in Sepang, and ten in Belgium when Hamilton was relegated to the back of the grid after Mercedes introduced fresh power units to compensate for his early-season failures.

So coming here giving it about Rosberg is mindless but i have come to expect no less here, bring it on.

Also he quit knowing he would never ever get that lucky again what a true Champ haha.
You should definitely propose him marriage!!!

The driver of the year is by definition the world champion. Any other choice is just speculation.
The title is incorrect, (in the poll). "Who was the driver of the year in 2019". Was is past 2019 is future.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 376 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years