F1 2010 Who should I sign a contract with, Red Bull of Mclaren?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm cmoing towards the end of hte season and I should probably sign a new contract. I have no particular feelings toward any of those teams but I am split as to which team si "better."

During my career, Red Bull consistently is faster than McLaren

However, on the boards, everyone seems to prefer McLaren

What do you guys recommend and why?

The simple answer is, whichever you want. They're both top tier teams. McLaren is slightly faster on a straight, RBR has better downforce for the curves. So maybe match the car to your driving style? I like the McLaren purely because I prefer its cockpit view.

the thing is that even on Expert the AI are still retardedly slow and even a complete new person to racing could slaughter the AI.

Wow, I feel pretty humbled by your comment. With 168 hours on the clock and two, half length seasons on expert completed I certainly can't say I can slaughter the AI. In my season two Torro-Rosso I did come 2nd in WDC by 16pts and in the process won a number of races, but on some I just got pawned. It is true on some tracks the AI seems very slow (Bharain, Abu Dabhi) and on others just slower than I'd expect (Monza, Spa). On the whole though, I find it hard to match the lapping consistancey of the AI. Anyway, 3rd and final season now have got into McLaren so if I can't win the WDC I've got no excuse.

Wow, I feel pretty humbled by your comment. With 168 hours on the clock and two, half length seasons on expert completed I certainly can't say I can slaughter the AI. In my season two Torro-Rosso I did come 2nd in WDC by 16pts and in the process won a number of races, but on some I just got pawned. It is true on some tracks the AI seems very slow (Bharain, Abu Dabhi) and on others just slower than I'd expect (Monza, Spa). On the whole though, I find it hard to match the lapping consistancey of the AI. Anyway, 3rd and final season now have got into McLaren so if I can't win the WDC I've got no excuse.
This is true my friend. Mc Claren is a helluva ride.

Both great cars

I'm cmoing towards the end of hte season and I should probably sign a new contract. I have no particular feelings toward any of those teams but I am split as to which team si "better."

During my career, Red Bull consistently is faster than McLaren

However, on the boards, everyone seems to prefer McLaren

What do you guys recommend and why?
I have not been with Red bull yet in my Career. I am presently w/McClaren and it is a real pleasure to drive. I drove the RB in Grand Prix and it seems to be about the same as McClaren. AI is no match for McClaren unless on Legend.

Hi there. I have a question too. If I beat Button in my first year and take his place, I will be kicked out after one year? I've read here on RDD forum that I won't get a longer contract in this way, by beating my championship rival. So... The best way to get a driver seat at McLaren is to get a normal offer from them?

For sure you won't keep the seat unless you have earned the Rep level for the team. In a 7 year career its about 35 For McLaren not sure in shorter ones.
Whether you do keep it even with the rep level is still a question I can't answer. One thread seemed to indicate he didn't. I've done 3 seasons with Lotus and starting 4th with them soon so Im a bit static, no bed hopping here..

I am half through my first season with Lotus and I never had the press asking me who is my rival. :(
When you get to the twelfth race they will ask you who your rival is, you have a selection of the 3 people above you in the drivers championship I think. By beating your rival in races and possibly qualifying(?) the rivals team gains interest, if you're beating them regularly and finish above them at the end of the season you receive a contract offer from the team to replace that driver.

In my first season I chose Rosberg as my rival, I managed to beat him but I chose to be a first driver at Force India instead :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 243 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 390 12.1%