Who Said AGP is Dead.

I

Ivanhoe123

• Ivanhoe123

Minor upgrades to my system within the last few days...
Motherboard Asus P4c800-e deluxe
P4 CPU 2.8 Ghz OC @ 3.0 Ghz (will try to overclock some more later)
4 Gb Ram
Powercolor HD3850 512 DDR3
Scythe Mini Ninja CPU Cooler
Windows XP Os

This baby flies for a P4 system...will last me for a good six months until i build my Quad Core.
Gtr Evo runs like a dream...sweet as a nut!!!:clap::beer::dance2:

From my quick arithmetic, on that system, XP should recognize 3 Gb RAM (3.25 Gb max), since the other 1 Gb is used by the Gfx card 512 MB plus any other system memory (sound card? MB? or whatever) and XP has the 4 Gb RAM max.

My experience by installing different OS on the same machine is that one needs at least 5 to 6 Gb RAM in a Vista machine to equiparate a 3 Gb XP well tuned machine.

Regarding the quad core... obviously excluding multitask, the multi core solution, is 2 edge sword, theoretically, it's no doubt quicker, but at same time it is hard to code software that fully uses well all the cores.

although the system will have little problem running race with high settings (i upgraded a few months back from a similar amd 754 based system) agp is very much dead. of course powercolour and saphire have produce 38xx cards for agp, they are not fully supported by nvidia and the cards can process way faster than the agp bus can deliver bandwidth to it so its effectiveness against a same model gfx proc on pci-e is greatly reduced.

since its a putter onner id say the cash spent is probably worth it so long as you are ready in six months to upgrade or things might start passing you by very quickly :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%