Who is this Alien??

J

Jason Parks

• Jason Parks

Hiya guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this question, but who is Alex Guehennec??

Just been on the hotlaps server, with the F3000 and this fella is at least 5 secs in front of everyone!!

So I checked out the top laps fro this class and he pretty much beats everyone by 1-3 seconds on near on every track!!!

Amazing skills, is he a Professional driver???

LOL

Will never understand these guys, just on a different planet to everyone!

You sit there going quick then all of a sudden some guy turns up and gies 1 or 2 secs faster, and without even trying!

All to do with setups and wheels and machines I think.

• Phaethon

Talent definately has to be there when it comes to such performance. However, you would never know how good you are unless you practice a lot. Blaming setups and cheats is not the answer.

Well I play the game a lot and have raced myself a lot over the years, I guess for me it's all about practice.

Being able to read the track and every bump, knowing where the grip is etc.

I simply cant justify that amount of time to be quicker than a few guys!

I know people who play FPS's very well and are utterly amazed at the brilliance of the top guys, but those top guys get paid and can make a living from it! That would make sense to me, doing the time and getting really good.

In race games, you may win a few quid here and there, but in reality is there much point other than simply being quick!

At a higer level, everyone knows where the track goes, most know how to drive quickly.

I myself haven't got the time to mess around too much with unsymmetrical setups which I know is where you can find a lot of time, I cant justify spending a lot on hardware either!

And am quite happy to be on the pace on most servers I go on, there will ALWAYS be a guy faster but am quite happy to be quick enough given the fun aspect!

Aliens are easy to spot, hardly any laps, miles faster than anyone else, they are just practicing for a league race or something. Leave em to it and race with the normal people!!

Like we say in RC oval racing....the best setup in the world doesnt win races....the man behind the wheel does.

Still setups can make a significant difference, but at the top everyone has a good setup anyway, so the only thing left is skill.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 246 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 163 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 229 13.9%