Who is the best in F1 2021

This pic makes it clear.

Attachments

• D911C037-2B7F-4380-8CF4-7A3500183735.jpeg
    D911C037-2B7F-4380-8CF4-7A3500183735.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 197
This pic makes it clear.
Leads how many laps and only 6 points ahead, not sure that pic does make it clear.

He can only be the best if he wins the championship. For me its like in football, you can have all the possession and still lose, I don't think you would see people stating that they are the best team.

Last edited:
This pic makes it clear.
The consequence of that fact is very disappointing, considering Max is only but few points ahead of Lewis.
With so many led laps he should've had, im afraid, much bigger lead in the WDC battle.

The consequence of that fact is very disappointing, considering Max is only but few points ahead of Lewis.
With so many led laps he should've had, im afraid, much bigger lead in the WDC battle.
So dnf’s don’t count in your opinion? 2x mercs, 1x blowup tire. Going for second place, is 3x 18 points, pure bad luck:(

Indeed they don't count at all. The champion in the end is decided who scores the most points, not who led the most laps in a season.

As a Dutchman I hope that Max Verstappen wins the WDC of course but for all my blind fellow countrymen who have been been super arrogant all year on social media and websites remember this: Pride Comes Before the Fall.

With the continous improvements of Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren it will be a very close finish at the end. Don't be surprised if Red Bull misses out by a fraction in the end.

Indeed they don't count at all. The champion in the end is decided who scores the most points, not who led the most laps in a season.

As a Dutchman I hope that Max Verstappen wins the WDC of course but for all my blind fellow countrymen who have been been super arrogant all year on social media and websites remember this: Pride Comes Before the Fall.

With the continous improvements of Mercedes, Ferrari and McLaren it will be a very close finish at the end. Don't be surprised if Red Bull misses out by a fraction in the end.
The best won’t win allways at the end, for sure, but arrogant? So Orange glasses is the same as arrogant, pffffffffffff.

Last edited:
This will never be agreed on by looking at results.

What we need is Formula-M - with 20 identical cars :D. That's got to be the only way to decide who the best driver is.

The car plays too big a part, as does who has which team mate, and who has a sister team trying to influence the championship.

I missed these RaceDepartment debates. I've been for far too long outside of it :)

The car plays too big a part, as does who has which team mate, and who has a sister team trying to influence the championship.
Yes the car does play a part but Formula 1 doesn't necessarily needs Formula M or whatever championship were all cars needs to be equal so we can decide who is the best, we can do that even today.

Bottas has been finishing on P3 or P2 in the Championship.
Does anyone believes he is really second best?
Answer to that in any given year will give you answer to the question as how much the car has been the factor in that year, or how good Hamilton is, considering also how many 1-2 lockdowns Mercedes has had in the past 8 years compared to the total number of any given team since 1950 :)

For example, many people are quick to throw Vettel under the bus for having dominant car in each of his winning years, but where was Webber in the identical car? However Webber was no slouch dragging that Minardi to P6 in his debut race.

No champion ever won with a bad car, there is no such thing. But there are seasons when the driver made the difference, based on setup work or racecraft. Its no secret i dont like Hamilton but pressing the throttle with that engine at the back developed by engineers, even though fought hard 2018 battle, it was really never doubt who will emerge victorious. So yes, you can tell even with different cars, if you look for right things.

F1 to be as relative as it is today needs and must always have that factor of development and ongoing technology where there will be much as drivers battles also constructors.

The problem is , in my modest opinion, and it doesnt need to mean anything, but since 2014 we have seen cars with highly complex hybrid engines where only one team succeed in delivering great results or if you wish others were fighting with one hand tied back. Mercedes is still very day still dragging that GAP since 2014 in engine power. No team has reached them, and whenever that happened and happened once with Ferrari , Ferrari were investigated.

Why they dont investigate Mercedes where suddenly they have found half a second in the TurkishGP while on every before then was very close fight? Why the change of the rear outside rings of the Pirelli at Mercedes protest? What happened with the Pit Stop protest they did?

You see, F1 needs less politics and cars which cannot me manipulated during a race, so we can once more have championships like we had prior 2014.

This topic is who is best in 2021, well definitely Max, for he is fighting the most dominant team in the history of the sport by great margin that even the era of Ferrari doesnt come near, and not because Hamilton is that good, but because Mercedes is that strong i.e. Verstappen is fighting something for which his driving alone wont be enough. He needs whole team to step up the game big time to beat the political, ever pushing on all cylinders on all fronts Mercedes.

Last edited:
It is my Belief that Lewis Hamilltron is not the best driver. I like Max but he may still not be the best. You need to put all drivers in the same chassis to determine the best. But that would go against the DNA of F1 to have one generic chassis for all teams. And i don't like spec racing as i find it dull. I would have to say George Russell hes faught the Williams and got it from the back of the grid to the front. Almost getting pole at Spa the toughest track on calendar. The bottom line F1 is about talent marketing and being in the right chassis at the right time. So the best driver could be poorly managed. Driving cars that are below his skill and talent. Put Lewis in a HASS and Mick Schumacher in the Mercedes for a Grandprix see what happens.

What we need is Formula-M - with 20 identical cars :D
Isn't that basically IndyCar?

What would need to happen is to take all the team politics and nepotism out of F1. Maybe standard chassis & standard engines, but not necessarily. One car per team, one primary driver and a secondary one if the primary gets injured. Limited budget per season for all expenses like personnell, cars, parts, etc, but can be assinged freely. No affiliations between the teams. Very limited communication between driver and team and no possibility for the team to remotely adjust car settings. Fixed settings for boost and hybrid levels and engine maps, decided by the team as part of the setup. Three tire compunds that stay the same across all events, and six gears is enough :p

Max best driver .. But the Merc team:whistling: best car for the last borring six years...... whitout competition..but the RB is close! And Max is ready.. Its a nice season and thats a longggg ... long time ago

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.8%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.5%
  • < 5 years