Who is faster Vettel or Ricciardo?

I don't mean to be a douche or anything, but this thread just seems to be a thread that is taking a chance to bash Vettel, its clear to everyone with half a braincell Ricciardo slaughtered Vettel so obviously everyone will vote Ricciardo and the people who hate Vettel (me included) will just use this to point and laugh at the German who used to do all the pointing

Well in 2014 Ricciardo was clearly faster, I mean it isn't really a proper vote like that as the year has clearly shown it. However if he really is a faster driver overall it is a different question and I will leave that open as we didn't see much of the real Vettel this year.

I don't mean to be a douche or anything, but this thread just seems to be a thread that is taking a chance to bash Vettel, its clear to everyone with half a braincell Ricciardo slaughtered Vettel so obviously everyone will vote Ricciardo and the people who hate Vettel (me included) will just use this to point and laugh at the German who used to do all the pointing
Yep.
Most research is designed to support or prove a viewpoint.
Well yes its here to make a choice.
I am with the half a brain cell crew....
IMO "Ricciardo slaughtered Vettel".Particularly when you consider the influence Vettel had in RedBull.
But you know some ppl dont think it shows he is faster and maintain that Mr V is possibly "The Greatest Driver on the grid" and therefore a massive loss to the team.

Is it odd that I kind of took a bit more of a liking to Vettel now that he isn't winning any more (at least at the moment)? It seems like some of us just have that syndrome where we dislike someone when they're in their prime, but when they come back down to Earth, we like them a bit more.

As for the thread, obviously Ricciardo. The 2014 Red Bull was not as good as the past Red Bull cars, and Dan the Man just completely wrung its neck, whilst Seb struggled. I think Vettel might be like Kimi and Jenson - just a certain style suits him well.

They do have the same car in 2014, and with THIS RedBull, Ricciardo was clearly the best. But it depends of the car. Maybe with the 2013 Redbull, Ricciardo would have be slower than Vettel. The driver must have a good feeling with the car to be fast. So it might be interesting to compare Vettel/Raikkonen for next year.

The 2014 car has suited Ricciardo better, as Vettel and Ricciardo's driving styles are different. However in previous years with a Red Bull Vettel/Webber combo, who shared an unseen talent in the RB6 onwards and a similar driving style, the car was suited for both of the drivers but now the car has to suit one driver better than the other, as a result of their different driving styles. Having said that, I still believe that Vettel vs. Alonso in Silverstone was my highlight of 2014. Riccardo has the wins, but Vettel has the reputation, let's see what Ferrari's new 'money throwing' strategy can do for Vettel....

Ricciardo seems less afraid to take risks well, because he doesn't have anything to lose. I just wonder if Vettel has let four WDCs go to his head (wait, what? Vettel believing in superiority??) and has thrown his toys out of the Red Bull pram in a desperate measure to deal with losing to a rookie.......

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 351 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 244 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years