Who is Daniil Kvyat?

RaceDepartment submitted a new blog post:

Who is Daniil Kvyat?

Daniil Kvyat was announced as Toro Rosso's latest signing yesterday, but who is he?

Sitting alongside Jean-Eric Vergne, Kvyat takes a seat originally thought to be for Antonio Felix da Costa. However, after a somewhat sketchy season Kvyat took the position.

Kvyat, pronounced 'Kwee-at', currently races in GP3 with MW Arden and European Formula 3 with Carlin. Sitting 2nd in GP3, it seems odd that Kvyat...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited by a moderator:
I could have answered that for you really easy. He's the guy with the big bag of money from his daddy saying that the poor boys can't play anymore.
What are you talking about? He doesn't have sponsors from Russia. How many races of Formula Renault 2.0, GP 3 and F3 with Kvyat are you saw? It's Red Bull Junior program when pilots must have only talent. ONLY talent.

Hehe, he is VERY lucky, that there is a Russian GP in 2014, that Bernie wants a Russian driver, and that people in high places in Russia also want a Russian driver.
Unfortunately, experience and talent have very little to do with it. No offence to him, he must at least be able to drive, but this is not the correct way into F1. Still, it has happened before and will happen again, and who would not take the opportunity..

Totally no obvious fotoshopped Hankook sponsor, nice square white brick sponsor before his name and nice gray patch on his torso on the right. Love his sponsors already :)

Hehe, he is VERY lucky, that there is a Russian GP in 2014, that Bernie wants a Russian driver, and that people in high places in Russia also want a Russian driver.
Unfortunately, experience and talent have very little to do with it. No offence to him, he must at least be able to drive, but this is not the correct way into F1. Still, it has happened before and will happen again, and who would not take the opportunity..
And what is the 'correct' way into F1?

Jenson Button about it:
"Of course he is thinking it is a great break and he is going to race in F1 but, if you could have the choice of entering F1 at 19 after a year in F3 and GP3, or doing a couple of years in a different category, you would definitely go for a couple more years.

"That way you could learn a lot more about slicks and wings categories, and learn a lot more of the circuits you race on, and the way an F1 team goes racing.

"It is so different to anything else. In most [junior] teams you have 12 guys working for you, but in an F1 team you have 700 people working. It is a very different atmosphere.

"There is so much to learn that I didn't understand when I came into the sport, and it is a real shock for someone 19, who has to also learn to drive an F1 car and have to work with a KERS power unit, which is completely new and alien to most of us.

"I think it is so easy to go 'I want to be in F1 now'. So you take the opportunity. It is a lot more difficult to turn something down but that is the right thing to do for most people."

And Paul di Resta:
"I think I was as shocked as anyone was," he said. "I was expecting one person to get the drive, but again it is not easy to predict this game at the moment, is it? Unfortunately that is where the midfield is. Nothing makes sense!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110834

Jenson Button about it:

And Paul di Resta:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/110834
Luckily for us drivers don't have the final say on when they think someone is experienced enough, or to tell teams whom they choose to employ.

And if we're going to use drivers as justification for our dislike of the situation then I'll play the ex driver card, Gerhard Berger is backing Kvyat to show his worth next year, but maintains that it will take time (naturally of course) to find his place.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back