Who has the Megane mod ??

Hey guys,just wondering how many ppl have the Megane mod installed ???
Plz post a commment if you have the mod . If there are enough ppl with the mod we can try to pick a date for a race .
Plz let me know , Patrick

About this cracking stuff: i myself bought rfactor just like i buy any other game i play. But in rfactors case i can imagine some guys use a crack. rfactormodders themselves steal and steal and steal in my opinion (cars, tracks etc) but when someone in GTR2 wants to convert something from rfactor to gtr2 they all gonna cry so loud that it looks that it rains.
if i got it right, gtr2 is just as moddable as rfactor is with the same game-engine but gtr2 doesnt support illegal conversions and rfactor does am i right?

About this cracking stuff: i myself bought rfactor just like i buy any other game i play. But in rfactors case i can imagine some guys use a crack. rfactormodders themselves steal and steal and steal in my opinion (cars, tracks etc) but when someone in GTR2 wants to convert something from rfactor to gtr2 they all gonna cry so loud that it looks that it rains.
if i got it right, gtr2 is just as moddable as rfactor is with the same game-engine but gtr2 doesnt support illegal conversions and rfactor does am i right?
I really have to make clear that its not possible to enter a legal server with a cracked version without having mismatches, you will be kicked for that.Any conversions made by pro or non pro modders are being juged by ISI before you can use them in a official server. No illigal mods are allowed if you are at matchmaker. You can create anything you like and use it online but if not suported by ISI you will have failures.
Because everybody can make mods and tracks i think thats why the game is still one of the biggest Sim racegames .

legal vs. illegal

hi,

i am new at rfactor, get a copy 5weeks ago, but can anyone explain what means illegal mods etc. for rfactor? imo is rfactor open for all, i dont understand that...

at the moment i have the following mods/addons:

- MMG F1 2007
- PCC
- Renault Megane
- F1 1979

- MMG F1 2007
- PCC
- Renault Megane
- F1 1979

Those are all fine Jens.

@ Patrick
There is content everywhere, that can be deemed illegal. ISI may not approve of the practice, but can do nothing about a third parties actions.
Just as an example, anything converted from a Codemasters game, is illegal. This includes all the tracks that have been converted from ToCa and ToCa2 to TRD3 and beyond upto the present day.
I just had a look at rFC, there are many such tracks there. Just a few I recognise quickly: Adria, Brands Hatch 2005, Castle Coombe 2005..

I don't/won't pass judgement on owning such stuff, heck I have downloaded many, if not all of the tracks, I've even had illegal mods on my system (so it'd be kinda hypocritical to do so). I've raced them online, through matchmaker and never had any problems.
Only when content is different, between participants and the server, have I ever seen any problems. But, exactly the same happens, when you have a different version of a very legal mod/track.

@ Bram
The GTR2/GTL platform is just as modable, SimBins' judgement on the matter, is far more stringent. You can still find all manor of illegal mods and tracks. The Aussie V8's for GTR2 is a TRD conversion, as is the Bathurst track we used in GTL just a few nights ago. I'm sure, both were converted by the same mod team.

You'll never find any illegal stuff being run on any of SimBins' servers. And if ISI ran their own servers, the same would be true of them. But, just look through the server list in GTR2/GTL, or matchmaker in rFactor. You'll find illegal stuff in both quite quickly.

What I find hypocritical, is when anyone makes judgement on some third party, for illegally modding a community mod. Then in the next breath, discusses illegally modding a corporate game.
You can't have it both ways... lol.

We dont judge anybody Eck, we simply support the legal releases at RFC.
Any conversions of tracks from other games are posted at RFC with permission by the devellopers.
I dont see anything hypocritical in that.

And indeed back to topic... Who has the mod ???

Thx Roy :)

• Deanowat1

I have the mod and have raced on line with a few times at race connect, and will be doing again next week. I found your forum whilst hunting for a set up in preperation for a race last week. I have not found any calendars for events could somebody point me in the right direction?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 207 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 265 13.6%